Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection provider different than data provider

Hi,

I chose as a broker Interactive Brokers and Kinetick as a data provider. When I execute a strategy I choose the IB account but in the Connection column of the strategy tab it appears also IB as the data provider and I want it to be Kinetick.

When I log into NT, Kinetick is enabled as the default connection. Once the connection to kinetick is stablished and the data is loaded I connect to the IB account.

What can I do to change the data feed for the strategy from IB to Kinetick?

thanks

Hello guillembm,

What can I do to change the data feed for the strategy from IB to Kinetick?
    Yes, you can do this by connecting to Kinetick first. More information on how NinjaTrader works with multiple connections is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is exactly what I'm doing.

What I don't understand is why, if I connected first to kinetick, in the connection column it appears IB instead of kinetick (see image). When I made the IB connection I chose to disable the data feed from IB. This is why I'm using kinetick. How do I know if the data is really loading from kinetick?

On the other side, since I'm connected to the IB demo, chart data is not being updated till 10-15 minutes after the session starts. I tried to close the chart. I opened Instrument manager. I deleted the symbol from the list and I put it again. I opened the chart again and the result is the same: No updating.

I also would like to know what does it mean the message "Unable to subscribe to market data:..." (see image) when I start a strategy.

thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

That column indicates which connection the account is associated with, not which connection is used for data.

The only way to tell which connection is used for data is look at the control center. The connection listed to the left is used as long as the connection supports that instrument type and interval.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider

Unable to subscribe message is likely due to incorrect mapping for the instrument. If it's an equity, best way to add is just type on a chart Symbol Name + Exchange and hit Enter.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,

I mapped the symbols and the message doesn't appear.

More doubts...

If I chose not to use IB servers for the data feed and I connect first to kinetick. I suppose this means that if kinetick fails IB won't act as a data backup and NT won't receive any data. I'm wrong?

Then, if instead of this I choose to use the IB data servers option when performing the IB connection and I always connect first to kinetick, when kinetick data fails will IB acts as a secondary data feed?

Comment

Hi guillembm,

When using multiple connections, a fail-over to the secondary connection will occur if data is not available with the primary connection or if the primary connection itself is not available. In the case of a disconnection from Kinetick, data requests would be passed on to Interactive Brokers.

The historical data setting has no impact on this - the fail over to IB's real-time data service would occur with either setting in place. The setting itself would have an impact only on the availability of historical data when connected only to IB.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Irukandji  
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes