Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Addon to override chart autoscale logic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addon to override chart autoscale logic?

Is it possible to override the chart autoscale logic?

I'd like the autoscale to maintain the aspect ratio of the displayed price action. Ninjatrader's default autoscale logic is to stretch the visible price action to the whole window.

However when prices are in a narrow range it results in a distorted view of things which is extremely hard to read. I would like to reprogram the autoscale logic so that if prices are in a letterbox-shaped range, that this shape is maintained.

I've attached screenshots of how the autoscale looks now, and how I'd prefer it to look. I can work out the coding for the scaling but I'm just not sure how to override the existing autoscale logic, or hook it into the scrolling of the chart etc.

thanks,

Kevin.
    Attached Files

I was able to implement this using an indicator using OnCalculateMaxMin using the average bar range as a constant factor relative to the total range of visible price action...

Strong trends or highly volatile ranges will auto-scale to fill the screen and contained ranges will be constrained to the relative aspect-ratio of the visible price action.

I've attached in case anyone wants to use it.
    Attached Files

Comment

reach4thelasers,

There is a charting software competitor whose one impressive feature for me is the ability to scale a chart manually. This is for adding geometric shapes to a chart that remain consistent, i.e. circles, squares, trendlines, pitchforks etc.

Does your indicator do this? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bmartz
      by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes