Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions

I am checking the box for commissions while testing a sample strategy included in NT8 but do not see commissions added in the summary. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, have you activated the Commision template for the Sim account at this point?

You would need to both define a commission template, and then edit the Account which it would be used on to apply it.

Can you confirm you followed the steps on both pages below?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I just activated it on both Sim and Live accounts. So now when I run a back test it will apply the Lifetime Rates for commissions?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It should apply the commission template you had configured in the account edit window.

I would suggest using the help guide steps, and then restart the analyzer and retest the strategy to ensure the commissions show up.

Comment

I used the Lifetime from the drop down menu. Now I do see a commission in the accounts tab on the sim account. I guess I did it right and it should work for back testing strategies too? Or is there somewhere else to do the same for strategy testing?
          Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

There are only the options you have set, you can optionally create your own template to specify specific instruments or values. The best way to answer this question would be to just try it from your computer. If you see values in analyzer after making the change you have done it correctly.

If you have selected a default template, please review that template to see what instruments are included with it and the values so you know what to test/expect. The default lists only include the most popular instruments so they may not include instruments you trade.

If an instrument you use is not included, you can create a new template and include the instruments you trade specifically with the values your broker provides for the commissions.

Comment

I do see it in strategy analyzer. So I did it right. Just playing with it for now. Forgive all the questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred