Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation issue before market opens

Hi,

I've been using the simulation engine successfully for a quite long and I know every detail about it. Now I'm experiencing a new issue that I can't address, it's simple:

My strategy is programmed to be flat before market closes, so every time that I activate it before market opens, the position is always flat. Now something happens, activating it gives me a weird error, not only it didn't go flat before market closes, but also since it has an opened position, it tells me that stop order can't set cause there's no market data.

Since I never saw this, i wonder if NT could be corrupted somehow. This is making me crazy cause I can't solve it, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170718.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170718.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I suspect that NT got corrupted somehow, cause despite the box "Always start in simulation" was checked, in the main menu "Global simulation mode" was NOT ( without any intervention ), so I'd like to do a fresh reinstall of NT7, so my procedure would be:

- Make a recent backup
      - Uninstall NT from pc
      Doubt: after that, is there any directory/folder that I should erase too?
      - Reinstall the last version of NT

Any other step that I may have forgotten, please let me know
      Last edited by pstrusi; 07-19-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

If you want to do a complete reinstallation removing all old templates, workspaces, etc. after uninstalling NinjaTrader you will want to delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder found in the Documents folder.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          If you want to do a complete reinstallation removing all old templates, workspaces, etc. after uninstalling NinjaTrader you will want to delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder found in the Documents folder.
          After reinstalling and doing the restore of the data, I wonder if there was any corrupted file in my backup that could be reinstalled again, is that possible?

Comment

Yes this is possible. Before restoring I would suggest testing then if the issue does not persist restore then test once again.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              Yes this is possible. Before restoring I would suggest testing then if the issue does not persist restore then test once again.
              I've reinstalled NT and restored an old "healthy" backup....well, I was right; the NT had corrupted itself somehow, maybe a hang during long backtest may have been the cause, the important thing is that now is solved.

I wanted to put this on notice cause if could help in the future when inexplicable behaviour is not possible to solve.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes