Commitment of Traders Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commitment of Traders Indicator

Do we have anyone available who can develop a commitment of traders (COT) indicator for Ninja - or is there one already available? To those who don't know, this indicator shows what the professionals are doing in relation to the public. The professionals are always doing the opposite of what most of the retail trader does and you want to be on the professional side. I read where tradestation doesn't have COT data built into their datafeed, but you can manually do an updated lookup function (free code), whatever all that means. Can someone translate that? This is a great, great way to stay on the right side of a trade. Can someone a lot smarter than me help with this? Thanks.

Hello evensteven,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not aware of a COT indicator that is already available but this would be possible with custom programming of an indicator. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link would be able to code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've been very interested in this for a while. I posted the code for some MetaTrader COT indicators,but nothing has come of it.

The problem with most COT indicators in my opinion is that they are subscription based when the data is free.

It shouldn't be too difficult to code for anyone who knows how to parse a text file into arrays, but unfortunately its beyond my abilities at the moment.

Comment

if a 'auto' data download COT indicator isn't possible -may there be a way to possibly code a 'manual' COT indicator? Maybe something like the Midas indicator, (where you enter in date/time), though with COT, you would enter in the data for any future you needed from:
        Last edited by rretch; 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

There's no reason a basic COT indicator would need to web scrape (though it would be nice). The data only changes once per week, so its not a hassle to download.

ALL that's required for this is the ability to parse a comma delineated text file...

Comment

man, i've just watched the COT vid. for Track n Trade....if NT could eventually have something like it, it would be nice.

until then, i'll keep referring to http://www.timingcharts.com/index.php

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by firefoxforum12, Yesterday, 08:53 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by kmunroe478, Yesterday, 05:39 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse