Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please give us a sensible way for a strategy to publish information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please give us a sensible way for a strategy to publish information.

Right now the only thing is a Print statement.

THere is nothing against that, except it all goes mixed up into one output stream. THis makes it totally unusable outside debugging. Ever tried to follow like 5 strategies in 4 markets, all in the same output stream? The result is simply unusable.

Suggestion:
    * Scrap the output window.
    * Create one for every running strategy, that can be opened from the strategy grid.
    * Make it catch information even when not open (so it can be opened after a trade).

This way one can have multiple streams for multiple strategies and they actually can be used to transmit sensible information outside debugging.

Hello NetTecture,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward this request on to my development team for further consideration.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, if you ahve some ideas how i could handle textual output from strategies at the moment, as well as provide some real time input into them (mostly a "dont trade, get out" switch), i would be happy

I start running quite some strategies, and the internal status updates (Which I want to see) gets on my nerves in the output window.

Any way to write something on a chart from a strategy?

Comment

You could write on the chart with DrawText() or DrawTextFixed(). You could also output to a text file too if that is what you want to do. http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3475
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The textfile soleves nothing - the idea is to have immediate feedback, and opening a command line window with a TAIL command running is hardly something that makes me look tood at Ninja.

The idea with DrawText is a better one. No history, but at least I can put out the current information I will use that, thanks.

Comment

If you want immediate feedback, your code can write Alerts - just have an Alert window open. You will get both sound & message. I do this from indicators when I want a real-time tracking record. You can also print to an (open) output file and see the messages in that window. only B&W in output window though.

cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
            1 response
            0 likes