• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, I love what you have done.

Happy trading to all.

Comment

norin.

I know that at least some Indexes do not report Volume. Volume data is necessary for this indicator.
      Try placing the native NinjaTrader indicator 'VOL' on your Index chart, if the Index reports Volume you will see it as a histogram.

Comment

hello,

thank you for the suggestion, but remember that this indicator is based on the price not volume.
        In the picture below, a copy I submitted to a Friend (beta tester), this is a test version for the indices.
        You notice that the index generates as much of TPO in one day that his future in a month.
        Does this solution is viable or usable in Intraday, I ask myself.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Adrien.
          I did not analyse the code, just found Volume in several Methods starting at line 390 and wrongly assumed it to be important.
          By the way, thanks for a realy excellent indicator.

While I'm here, has anybody been in the JPJ Trading room? Any opinions?

Comment

Thanks everybody for the help you provide.

If it's too heavy on the indice, i will live with futures and forex (it's, by the way, what i trade).

And perhaps with NT7 supporting multicore, such cpu intensive indicators will be easier to put on many charts at a time.

Comment

A question if someone doesnt mind answering

Very nice indicator...very nice. I am learing about Market Profile. Can someone explain to me the color significance of the profile as its building intraday. There is red, cyan, green, and black . Thanks.

Comment

winJR.
                If you go back to the first post in this thread, hegh2000 has expained the colors and a lot more. Look also at the first chart displayed there.
                I also am trying to learn about MP and would like to hear of any educational recources.

Comment

Thanks Dave, dont know how I missed that...

I thought I had looked at first post, missed it. I have looked it over and Heigh, what an awesome job. I do have a question, for a newbie here with Market profile. The VA_h is the value area high and the VA_b is the value area low, correct? so that is telling us that 70% of the trades have taken place btwn these two values, am I correct? What is the significance of the IB_h and IB_b lines plotted for the current session? thanks in advance. I read through whole thread, hope i didnt miss the answer to that one as well. lol.

Comment

hello,

IB = Initial balance or the first hour of trading

exe.
                    if the market opens at 8:00, IB_h and IB_b are the lowest and the highest reached between 8:00 to 9:00.

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Thanks much.

Comment

One more silly question...

If i set the mode to 1 to get a weekly MP, do I need to the hours to? as far as start time goes and also what do i need to set the sessionlengthhours to? thanks in advance amigo!

Comment

hi,

whatever the mode, the start time and sessionlengthhours must be informed .

Comment

adding something to the indicator

I am not a programmer and hope that there is someone that can add additional items to this wonderful indicator. What I was looking for is a plotted line that is calulated from the first 30 minutes of the open to give the size of the range + 50% and 100% of that value. Example: if the market profile gives in the first 30 minutes of opening a range from 1100 to 1106 then a plotted line at 1109, 1112 for the high side, 1097, 1094 for the low side. This would not change after the first 30 minutes of trading. Can anyone help or if you don't understand at least ask. Also is there a way to hve the POC blocks a different color then the rest of the MP instead of the little arrow?

The PIC will give you all an idea what I am talking about. This is such a great indicator and I do want to thank everyone for helping in this forum.

Thanks
                            Mike
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mtfalk64; 04-01-2010, 02:16 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

hello

for the first, you do not have to change the indicator.
                              Create another rather like SimpleGetHighLow for a specific time, then modify it by adding lines as you want.

For the second, by cons, it would modify the indicator itself.
                              I give you 2 examples with syntax and where you need to insert it, then you choose.

line 944 :

DrawLine("tag1"+ compteur, false, CurrentBar - BarCount, TPOPrice, CurrentBar - BarCount - TPOHigh, TPOPrice, Color.Yellow, DashStyle.Solid, 2);

or

DrawRectangle("tag1"+ compteur, false, CurrentBar - BarCount, TPOPrice, CurrentBar - BarCount - TPOHigh, TPOPrice+TickSize, Color.Yellow, Color.Yellow, 2);

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks Hegh200, but I have no idea what to do with that in the first place. Thanks you anyways for giving some direction.

Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rtwave
                                by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                                5 responses