Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is the "New Folder" menu item misplaced in NS Explorer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the "New Folder" menu item misplaced in NS Explorer?

Let us use the "Indicators" folder to illustrate.

If I want to create a new folder, I want to create it in the "Indicators" folder, but the "New Folder" item on the menu is grayed out if I click on the "Indicators" folder. On the other hand, if I click on any indicator within the folder, that option to create a "New Folder" is enabled. Well, I want to create the new folder under the "Indicators" folder, not under the individual indicator (which is logically impossible anyway).

So here is what one sees. You click on an indicator, click on "New Folder" and a new folder appears far away from where one clicked, albeit under the "Indicators" folder. Seems hardly intuitive, and it breaks the Windows Explorer folder-creation paradigm to boot.

In Windows Explorer, if you want to create a sub-folder, you do it by clicking on the containing folder, or empty space within the containing folder, which action does NOT select any file within the containing folder. If you select a file within the containing folder, then, in fact, the "New --> Folder" option is not even shown.

Thanks for sharing. I see your points and we're looking into under NTEIGHT-8238
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rdtdale
    by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    3 responses