Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order by Account Size triggers confusion

Order by Account Size triggers confusion
    (apologies for posting this initially in the wrong forum )

Since posting these questions I have discovered a possible source of the problems listed below in order placements.

I noticed at
    HTML Code:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_interactivebrokers.htm
    that
    Critical: You must use standalone TWS 892 with the current production
    release of NinjaTrade

I am running TWS895.3 Jun3, 2009. Could this account for the discrepancies in order placements listed below between the default quantity and account size settings of the order properties options?

I am running six strategies live trading through IB.

All strategies are moving average crossovers (unders), among which one has a stop loss setting @ 0.1, and all exit 90 seconds before close of trade set at 4:00 pm EST.

All six strategies performed flawlessly when the Order Properties were set to default quantity.

But when I changed the order properties to By Account Size setting the amount at 5000 problems arose.

Of the six strategies three triggered, which is correct and therefore not problematic.

But of the three strategies two entered trades without triggers (moving average crossovers); none entered the close of day exit trade at the designated time; one entered a trade marked close of day @ 4:28; the other two tried to enter trades well after 4:00 pm, were rejected by IB and then closed the two strategies.

Around 10:00 am I changed the trade order setting on IB to raise the limit on trades to 2000. The highest order placed on the day was for 1008 shares, which had been rejected before I changed the setting. After the change, I placed the order manually just to confirm that the system would accept the order.

The only change in the strategy setting was to shift from order by default quantity to order by account size -- the former worked wonderfully, the latter led to the errors listed.

Any advise?

Best regards,

tooearly
    Last edited by tooearly; 06-21-2009, 01:22 AM. Reason: new information

tooearly, hard to judge whether your reported issues would be related, but we recommend working with the TWS version posted in our IB connection guide. To check into the error / order rejections you received I would need to review your trace and log files from the day those trades took place - please contact me using the Help > Mail to Support feature for this (please put Attn Bertrand in the subject field) - Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for advise. I'll follow up as suggested after close of trading today. So far I'm running the same strategies on the approved version of TWS.

Best regards, Tooearly

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes