NT just disappearing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT just disappearing!

This has happened twice and I think I know why. The first time it happened when I closed an indicator editing window and NT just blinked off. I thought it was a fluke occurrence. Yesterday I was editing an indicator, compiled, hit F5 on a chart to refresh and then clicked close the indicator window while the refresh was in progress. NT just vanished. Now I believe I had been doing the same thing the first time. It's no fun restarting NT in the middle of the trading day, losing any changes applied, so I thought I'd report it in case no one else has yet.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have not heard of any recent/similar reports of this issue.

Be sure you are on the latest release, 6.5.1000.7. Check under Help --> About.

Download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm running the latest version but not sure if I was the first time it happened.
      eDanny

Comment

Hi,

Are you able to reproduce this by repeating these steps?

Do you have 3rd party indicators?
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
          Hi,
          Are you able to reproduce this by repeating these steps?
          I don't know and I would rather not try it.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
          Do you have 3rd party indicators?
          Of course, doesn't everybody?
          eDanny

Comment

I think by third party he means something you paid for. In that case a problem may be caused by their stuff with c sharp.

Your own converts of other stuff I don't think is considered third party.
            mrlogik
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

mrlogic, I guess you are right, not everyone has paid for an indicator. Also I consider any indicator I made from scratch as equivalent to any third party indicator. The answer is yes to both and neither kind has caused any crashes under normal circumstances. BTW the last one I was editing when the crash happened was a modification of one found in the forums here. In the first instance I have no clue.
              eDanny

Comment

As of this post, we have no other reports of this. Your comments are too generic for us to be able to try and create a reproducible scenario unfortunately, anything more specific and best yet, repeatable is of extreme value.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I too had NT 6.5.7 just pop off and close without warning, more than once friday.

stability is horrid lately.

also, the remove ninjascript assembly function keeps error-ing out and giving an excuse why it will not or can not remove the assembly, and stops the process instead of forcibly removing the desired assembly, or at least displaying what assemblies are availabe for removal.

it should display what is available for removal, or in this case, giving it an error condition that currently prevents it from going forward.

The ability to hit the reset button or removal process should never be tempermental but always work and delete, remove or correct whatever the error or problem is.

One should never have to remove the application from the machine and reinstall it just to get around this simple error condition.

The application should never just pop off neither, but at least show some user selectable critical error condtion choice to shut down or shut down, but never just shut down with no notice, as it is doing presently.

Comment

Heck, this just happened...I clicked on wrong icon at top of a chart and the data box opened on another monitor. I then clicked on indicators icon and did whatever it was I wanted to do. I looked at other monitor and saw the data box so I clicked its close button and NT blinked away, poof! All changes to the workspace gone. I hate that!
                    eDanny

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                    0 responses