Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet explorer

Comment

Do you get the same issue if you use Chrome or Firefox?
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to add the ciKVO indicator into the D3spotter indicator. Is possible?
        Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello ogurpegui, and thank you for your question.

To use one indicator as another indicator's data series, in a chart, press ctrl + i, select your indicator in the lower left, select the input series parameter, press ... , modify your sub-indicator, press ok, and press ok. I am including a picture where I have added a MACD to an ROC.

Programmatically, any indicators installed to the correct location in your filesystem - (My) Documents\NinjaTrader <7 or 8>\bin\Custom for .dll files, and an appropriate subfolder for .cs files - then you will be able to use C# inheritance to extend classes. Indicators can also be instantiated and used as methods, whose inputs are the user parameter inputs, and which return the indicator's Values[0][0] member.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
          Attached Files
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In this case it doesnt work, the D3 indicator is a divergence indicator ,you can choose betwen macd, rsi, stochastic, etc to calculate divergence with the price. I am asking is it posible to add the KVO in the options of the D3.
            Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hello ogurpegui,

This is the situation my advice to do this programmatically, either through inheritance or via Indicator Methods, was meant to address. If you do not have access to the D3 indicator's source, you can make a subclass which extends the D3 indicator, giving you access to the D3's functionality, and allowing you to add the KVO indicator's Indicator Method. With a few control parameters, you will be will on your way toward using these as one.

Comment

I have access to D3 source but I have not idea of programing. I supose is very simple but I try to add KVO and then compile but there are errors

Comment

If you can send some of the errors our way, we can try to help.

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
                  a link to our help guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?tutorials.htm

I am also linking you to the educational resources section of the help guide to help you get started with NinjaScript:

You will find reference samples online as well as some tips and tricks for both indicators and strategies:

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) and strategies that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript file sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Finally, the following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.

Comment

Can you make a conversion to NT8 .I like it very much But IT only works on NT7.

Comment

linuxwj, I think a converted NT8 script for this study was posted here in the sharing section - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...N&pp=15&page=3
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by esamo View Post
                        Dear NT users,I need a bit of help,
                        I try to import ninja script thru the utilities tab, indicator- Divergence Spotter,from this thread & from other threads in this forum, all versions (v2,v3,v32) & I get the same error
                        evrey time( see pic. attachet) .
                        can someone help resolve this isue PLS
                        thaxxxx
                        What was the resolution to this error? I have tried to install as well, and get the same error message.

Comment

Hi Bertrand - I wasn't able to find the Ninja script for D3 Spotter at the link you provided on 03-13-2017, 06:35 AM.
                          Please can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Comment

Hello zoetuck,

Thanks for your post.

We have recently updated the NinjaTrader support forums and the file sharing section is being moved to the https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/
                            However, the files as of today are not yet available and are expected to be available in the next week or two.
                            Thanks in advance for your patience while we complete this change.
                            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                            2 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post BarzTrading  
                            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes