Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Different Bar Index between BackTesting and Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Bar Index between BackTesting and Market Replay

Dear support,
    we developed strategy in BackTesting and we noted that index is 0 for current bar, for previus bars is >0 and for next bars is<0. In Market replay we noted that index 0 is null position, to get first bar index is -1 and to get current bar index is -Bars.Count. Is it correct or I am wrong?
    My problem is max and min functions, in back testing MAX(High,9)[0] work fine but in Market Replay no, what can I do? We are c# developers and we integrated excel from Ninja script, is there a possibility to manage a form from your script? Our problems are:
    1) Initialize function is called one or more times evenif strategy is not used
    2) There isn't event to know if the strategy is closed/unload/dispose, so we can't unload all our variables (for example a timer)

Very Thanks for you support

a) your understanding of the bar indexing is correct. It works the same realtime, historical and in replay mode.
    b) NinjaScript consultants are available to help program your custom indicators/strategies or to help our users throughout their learning curve. Additional information is located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Thanks,
      In my strategy I use MAX(High,9)[0] function.
      Activating Market Replay Connection, Chart and my Strategy, I note when strategy process Max function, the following code is not interpreted.

Regards

Comment

Please debug your strategy e.g. by following our educational resource here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3418

Comment

How about adding

if (CurrentBar < 9) return;

before the MAX(High,9)[0] function?

It sounds like this works differently for the Market Replay vs Backtesting. Could the setting of "Min. bars required" be different?

Best regards,

KBJ

Comment

Hi,
            no Min bars required is the same..
            I think I solve the problem, I manage data in a procedure that was call from a timer (not from your OnBarUpdate), so your sistem can't know in this moment which is the effective position (index 0) and MAX or MIN go in error status. I replicate with 2 my functions Get_Max and Get_Min your MAX and MIN and strategy works..
            Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes