Market Analyzer Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Data

My question is very simple. Does every piece of data needed to complete the Market Analyzer grid come from the data provider? Is anything calculated locally?

For charts as well, I'd assume, every bit of chart data needed for a chart or indicator is from the data provider. i.e 5 minute RSI, 20 period SMA,etc, etc and nothing is derived locally.?

Thanks in advance

Florida,

I am happy to answer your question.

Numerical values such as Close, Open, High, Low, Bid/Ask and Volume are downloaded from external servers. Indicators such as SMA, RSI, etc. are all calculated locally.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply Adam. I want to be sure I understand the answer. For the Market Analyzer, the data is to fill in an indicator box within the grid is calculated locally? I have an analyzer grid that includes common data: instrument name, bid, ask high, low, open, close. I understand that would come from the data provider. But am I also to understand that the indicators used in the market analyzer grid, i.e. Aroon, Chaikin Oscilator, RSI, MACD, Momentum are all calculated locally?

Let me also add where I'm going with the question. I periodically experience a problem with data loading into the analyzer grid stopping and NTTraderChristopher_J recently took a look at it. I followed his instructions but still experience the problem and wanted to understand a little more about how that analyzer grid data is filled in so I can either ask NT support for help again or the perhaps the data provider but right I now don't understand enough of how and where the data originates. I saw similar issues reported on the data provider forum, no mention was made of software being used, data provider looked at that persons issues and didn't see any problem at their end.
      Last edited by florida99; 10-12-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

florida99,

Thanks for clarification.

Yes, all indicators such as Aroon, Chaikin Oscilator, RSI, MACD, Momentum, etc. are calculated locally on your PC. This is done pretty much on every platform and they are usually calculated exactly the same or equivalently. For example, there are multiple ways to calculate the EMA, but the mathematical principal behind it is that it ends up with a result that will be the same regardless.

As far as your issue with data stopping, have you set "CalculateOnBarClose" to "false"? To do so, right click in the Market Analyzer > Go to "Columns" > Select any indicators you added > Set "CalculateOnBarClose" to false.

If you have already done so and are still experiencing issues, please forward a request to [email protected].

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Comment

Thank you again Adam, yes, "false" on bar close. I will continue to watch and try to develop more info on problem before asking for support again. Not sure that I have anything new to add since Christoper_J looked at it.

Comment

florida99

No problem. Please be sure to contact us when you have all the information you feel you require.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            2 responses