Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Histogram

Hello,

Today many traders use price histogram as the core of their trading tools.

Easy to build with no complicate calculations, do you seriously plan to add a PRICE HISTOGRAM indicator in the new NT upgrade ?

Thanks

Happy trading

Cheers

Angel

This is below the definition of this indicator :

The histogram on the left side of the chart (drawing as the same way "Volume zone" is) is drawn during the day in five-minutes or 30 minutes increments. The length of each horizontal line in the histogram represents the amount of time that the market spent at that corresponding price. Thus if the market spends a great amount of time at a particular price, the histogram line for that price will be longer. The longest line in the histogram is the one price where the market spent the most amount of time. It is called the Point of Control or, alternatively, the Control Point.

Thanks for the suggestion...Will add to list for future enhancements.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would second that a histogram would be useful, but inside the DOM (see IB's tws book trader)
      That one is on volume basis rather than time.

So basically a volume profile inside the DOM.

Thanks

redwoood

Comment

Just to add another voice, but I'd love to have this indicator also. I believe a "Price Histogram" is very similar to the Market Profile indicator used in systems like Enthios and functions as reliable support/resistance. This would be very useful,

Thanks,
        Jeremy

Comment

This is a standard nowadays and no matter how you call it, either "Price Histogramm", "Market Profile" or something else, it is absolutely useful and needed. I'm really a bit surprised that you don't offer it and hope to find this indicator quite soon in your platform.

Comment

There are market profle indicators available for NT.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello !

I tried to find in NT some settings to activate the price histogram in DOM (volume of contracts already traded at each price level) like how is in
              IB's TraderWorkstation, but I had no success.

Now I read here in the forum that is not available. I could not believe that so a nice tool like NT has not this feature.

Could you tell me if the price histogram in DOM will be in the new release ?

Adriano

Comment

Hello adriano,

It is on the list for future considerations of the software at this time.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are you going to add a price histogram indicator for the charts?

So whatever happened to adding the price histogram? I see that it was discussed. The provided link by an administrator is now dead. I have Michael Jardine's book "Just a Trade a Day", which relies on using one as the core to his strategy, which I find to be quite intriguing, but with no access to one, I am dead in the water with his strategy. My broker, IB, doesn't seem to offer one either, or I simply don't know their name for it (Michael Jardine says that there are other's). Apparently the CBOT has one ("Market Profile") and Howard Carrington of Ensign software has one.

Comment

Hello pfbonney,

Unfortunately we do not provide a Market Profile indicator by default in NinjaTrader. However, a customer created a custom Market Profile indicator available at the link below at post #1.

You can find instructions to import new NinjaScript files at the following link.

You could check with any of the supported 3rd party vendors if they provide a Market Profile indicator as well. You can find a list of supported 3rd party vendors at the link below.

I know one of our supported 3rd party vendors - Final Financial Algorithms - offers a Market Profile add-on. You can find their website below.
                    Final, Financial Algorithms, programming services for hedge funds and retail traders, NinjaTrader and others
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post love2code2trade  
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes