Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exporting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting problem

I just discovered the very handy 'UserDefinedMethods' Strategy and have been merrily populating it with all the handy utility methods that are common to my different strategies. But now when I try to export my strategies, the Export dialog says 'Error compiling export sources. Please check your logs.' In the logs, I have a long error saying something like "CS0103: the name 'myMethod' does not exist in the current context".

How can I work around this?

The only thing you can do is move the method referenced from the NinjaScript export file to the actual file you are exporting.

The problem is that we can't allow exporting of the UserDefinedMethods since doing so would mean that on import, it would overwrite the target PC's UserDefinedMethods.cs and cause someone some grief if they lost data in this file due to it being overwritten.

In a nuthshell, UserDefinedMethods is good way to share common methods among your own NinjaScript objects in the scope of your own PC.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Ray,

So from what it sounds like, the Export function is meant for taking one strategy and sharing it. What I really want to to is export the CS file so that I can store it in version control. This is something I'll be doing on a roughly daily basis so doing a big copy-n-paste each time would defeat the purpose. Do you know any way that I can select my strategies and get them into the real world?

(I've already tried inspecting the NinjaTrader.mdb file in the hopes of finding where the strategies are defined, but no luck.)

Comment

Unfortunately not.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM