Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShrewdBiz View Post
    I have a couple of requests if you would be willing and interested....

1) I know this is not an indicator, but I'm looking for a script that shows the drawing tools as a separate toolbar that can be positioned on the left, right or bottom of the chart window. This would be helpful so that I don't have to keep going through drop downs or awkward hot keys to reach my drawing tools.
    Hi ShrewdBiz,
    I've created an indicator for this. You can change where it's positioned using the Docking parameter. Give it a try and let me know how it works out.

Update v1.1 adds chart markers to toolbar
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CodeButterfly; 08-30-2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeButterfly View Post
      Hi ShrewdBiz,
      I've created an indicator for this. You can change where it's positioned using the Docking parameter. Give it a try and let me know how it works out.
      Looks great! Thanks!

Is it possible to make the chart markers accessible directly on the toolbar as well? That would be gravy.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I surely missed that one.
        Last edited by sledge; 08-30-2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: someone helped

Comment

Originally posted by ShrewdBiz View Post
          Looks great! Thanks!

Is it possible to make the chart markers accessible directly on the toolbar as well? That would be gravy.
          Your welcome, edited my post by adding version 1.1 which includes chart markers as well.

Comment

help with these transfers from Tradestation to Ninja trader..

i'm just learning NT script... i went through a few of the tutorials.. and i still feel a bit lost as to even where to start on doing these three indicators..

basically its a RSI of ATR for pairs... a constituent against a index or etf.. or a sub index against a index.. or any member against even another correlated member..
            i'm a volatility trader.. i love ninja Trader because its the closest thing to truely independent out there! is there anyone that can code this or send me in the right direction... basically i went through this tutorial by optimus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CV8X33oxQU&feature=plcp and i'm getting the whole define variables/initialize/conditional business logic thing.. but i still need help.. i hope to utilize my experience with volatility to trade pairs... and if i can get this programming thing down i know i can get better profiles of these markets i'm modeling trades in... ANYONE care to help..

Comment

Originally posted by CodeButterfly View Post
              Your welcome, edited my post by adding version 1.1 which includes chart markers as well.
              Awesome! Thanks again!

Any chance on that volume profile indicator? I am looking for one I can draw around specific bars to create a histogram for that area only. No idea how complex creating something like that would be. Haven't segwayed into NT programming yet.

Comment

Hi Michel,
                Can you give the code for this:
                1.The SPY is above its 200-day moving average
                2. The VIX is stretched 5% or more above its 10-day MAfor 3 or more days.
                Thanks for your help.

Comment

Need help w/ coding

Hi Michel,
                  Can you help to code this:
                  IF The SPY is above its 200-day moving average
                  && The VIX is stretched 5% or more above its 10-day MAfor 3 or more days.
                  Thanks for your help.

Comment

Dynamic Trader Stoch Rsi Osc.

Hi, and thanks in advance. What I would like is an indicator that takes a stochastic of an RSI, and plots a moving average of that product. Then plot a moving average of the previous moving average. 13 period RSI, 8 period Stochastic, 5 period MA and then a 5 period MA of the first MA. This is, I think, the settings that Robert Miner uses for the Dynamic Trader DT Osc., which is what I'm trying to reproduce (I own DT).

Comment

Range Volume

Hi,
                      I am looking for an indicator that shows how much volume is spend for a range (tick).
                      The Code is very simple
                      Code:
                      volume / (high - low)
                      The result should be plotted on a new pane.

Can somebody code this indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        I have coded this some time ago, it needs a little overhaul....
                        Harry, I like it. Would like it better if it included total cumulative session vol for day as % of avg, but I can get the gist for that by eyeballing the MA.

What did you mean by "needs a little overhaul?" It looks fine.

Thanks,
                        JB

Comment

We provide custom programming of strategies and indicators for Ninja users at a fraction of the cost of other programming services due to our low overhead structure. We are based in the US however we maintain an office in the Philippines where our programmers reside which allows us to be extremely competitive . Free programming sounds too good to be true and usually anything too good to be true really isn't. Our firm will create your custom indicator or strategy for you, provide it to you at NO COST and allow you to use it for one week. If you like it and choose to continue using it we will charge you a mutually agreeable fee for a permanent license. Please email me at [email protected] for more information. Thank you.
                          Last edited by canthony09; 09-24-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by levesque View Post
                            Harry, I like it. Would like it better if it included total cumulative session vol for day as % of avg, but I can get the gist for that by eyeballing the MA.

What did you mean by "needs a little overhaul?" It looks fine.

Thanks,
                            JB
                            It does include the total cumulative session vol as a percentage of avg (but always relative to the day of week). The percentage is shown as a figure on the right side of the indicator panel. The moving average changes its color depending on whether the cumulative session volume is above or below 100%.

Overhaul: The percentage plotted will disappear if you scroll back horizontally. With Plot Override it is possible to get that information for the last bar plotted on the chart when scrolling back. Also need to reorganize the properties. There is nothing wrong with the indicator otherwise, but it is over a year that I touched it, will certainly be able to improve it.

Comment

Bb %b

Hi there,

I realized that NT doesn't have BBand%B indicator. I found it useful. Could someone create this indicator? It's equations is:

Percent B = ((Close - Bollinger Lower Band) / (Bollinger Upper Band - Bollinger Lower Band))*100

I normally use standard 20 2 and simple moving average, but if I can have options to change the period and MA to EMA, that would be great.

Thanks a lot,

Jasmine

Comment

Michel,

If you are still offering... I need something very simple. I want a histogram that prints a +1 bar during the time I trade and prints 0 when I'm not trading. I would want start and stop time input variables. I know this sounds easy, but I only know easylanguage and don't have the time to figure out ninja script at this time. thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                11 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jculp
                                by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post RubenCazorla  
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                2 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post BarzTrading  
                                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Working...
                                X