Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstbrain View Post
    Harry,
    You are completly right. Just didn'r read the whole post in depth - blame on me
    But I'm missing the code you advertised in your post ...,
    firstbrain
    Sorry, I was not clear in my communication, I have modified the post now. The rules are expressed in #235, and they are based on higher high/ lower close and lower low/higher close. What I wanted to say is that it is not a bad idea to stick with these rules.

You should find somebody who does that for you. You could also try here:

I've attached the indicators and will provide links as well. I'm also attaching a screenshot that shows both components of the smittyMASlopeMonitor more clearly than the previous post. The SmittyMASlopeMonitor indicator window has two main things it displays, which wasn't obvious from the original screenshot. It paints the background of the indicator window, which is either uptrend or downtrend. The other that thing that it prints is 5 moving averages. I changed the colors of the moving averages …

membership is required.....

I do not have the time now to code.

Comment

Comparing Custom Session Ranges

Here's my idea. Thanks for the help!

Compare the high low range for multiple Forex pairs during a specific time of day. For example, the indicator would be able to show me the average range of each Forex pair from 2:30am - 7:45am for 20 days back.

Visualize this on a single chart with multiple lines on the same scale. See the 'Visual Example' image below. Convert into pips by accounting for price quote differences (YEN vs Non-Yen Base Pairs)

Also, I would like it to control for spreads by dividing the each of the averages by their respective pair's current spread.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,
        just try the build in "SWING" indicator and set the Strength to 1. You can change the settings of the indicator to show triangeles also. Maybe this coould help quickly ..
        firstbrain
        NT ships with 2 KeyReversalBar indicators: one each for "down" and "up". Just make a copy of either to a new name, and draw in your triangles as you wish. You can even then concatenate the code into one indicator.

Comment

BezBez

Hi guys, my favorite indicator is RSI and its MA, I wish I could put the RSI's MA on the price action as an MA, the question is, is it possible?

thanks

Comment

bezbez,

yes you can

Build a new chart.
            Build SMA with RSI (with your own perferences) as the data series; select "left" under Scale Justification and "Same as input series" under Panel
            Have fun.

Comment

bezbez,

yes you can

Build a new chart.
              Build SMA with RSI (with your own perferences) as the data series; select "left" under Scale Justification and "Same as input series" under Panel
              Have fun.
              Firstbrain

Thanks for reply and that's a good news but I didn't get it. can you explain it little more simple please as I'm not a very technical person.

Comment

Flagging a trigger in an indcator for Strategy Wizard

Does anyone know how I can use Strategy Wizard to watch for a "flag" or trigger in a custom indicator? The indicator would be watching for a trade set up. When it is right it would need to set a flag - something like Strategy Trigger; nuetral = 0, buy =1, sell = -1

In the wizard it appears you can only set up around indicator defined plotting parameters. I am sure this can be done by writing a custom strategy, but I am trying to stay within the capabilities of Strategy Wizard since I have no programming experience.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Comment

bezbez,

ok here is the slow version :

1. within a chart go to the indicator panel and add the SMA indicator => pic 01
                  2. click the 3 dots @ Input series (1) to bring up the Input series window and select your RSI with your personal settings (2) => pic 2
                  3. after clicking ok you just have to check the settings "Same as input series" and under Scale justification that "left" is selected => pic 3
                  click ok and you should see the same result like in => pic 4

It's just the process of doing an "indicator of an indicator" (you can do that with any combination of indicators) which is a great feature of NT7 imho .

Voila here you go ,

firstbrain
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by firstbrain; 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Firstbrain

Thanks for your help and your time,
                    what I had in mind was a MA of RSI on the price like a normal MA, not separate from actual price action. I believe its not that easy.
                    However thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by bezbez View Post
                      Firstbrain

what I had in mind was a MA of RSI on the price like a normal MA, not separate from actual price action. I believe its not that easy.
                      However thanks again.
                      This would be like a submarine flying side by side with a helicopter....

Comment

Originally posted by bezbez View Post
                        Firstbrain

However thanks again.
                        That is barely possible, if and only if, the stock price highest value is exactly 100, just as the RSI value is from 0 to 100 inclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                          That is barely possible, if and only if, the stock price highest value is exactly 100, just as the RSI value is from 0 to 100 inclusive.
                          koganam, not sure if this would be acceptable to you. But you could take the RSI average lines from panel 2 and drag them up into panel one. It would overlay the indicator and reate a second scale on the left side of the chart.

It may be close to what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by JMont1 View Post
                            koganam, not sure if this would be acceptable to you. But you could take the RSI average lines from panel 2 and drag them up into panel one. It would overlay the indicator and reate a second scale on the left side of the chart.

It may be close to what you want.
                            I know that, but I would do it with code anyway. I was commenting on what he said he wanted: at least the way that I understood it. (emphasis mine)
                            Code:
                            ... a MA of RSI on the price [B]like a normal MA[/B],[B] not separate from actual price action[/B].
                            That cannot happen because the RSI is a bounded oscillator whose maximum upper bound is 100, so cannot represent the MA of any stock whose price exceeds 100.
                            Last edited by koganam; 07-07-2013, 06:16 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling.

Comment

Hi folks!

anyone has an indie that plots High and Low of a specific time,as well as begining and an end of that spec time?Sort of a time box for the price.Whould be also great if it plotted the historical value,too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeEYE View Post
                                Hi folks!

anyone has an indie that plots High and Low of a specific time,as well as begining and an end of that spec time?Sort of a time box for the price.Whould be also great if it plotted the historical value,too.
                                You mean like so?

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...t.php?p=336742

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sam2515