Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-virus programs

Hi,
    Someone mentioned to me that certain anti-virus programs work better with NT than others. He mentioned that he likes Avast Home (free version), but I tried it and don't especially like it - because I can not figure out if it does nightly scanning. I currently have Norton Antivirus 2005 but it's license is about to expire so I will be buying another license for some type of antivirus program. Before I do, I was wondering if anyone had any advice relative to which anti-virus programs work &/or co-exist the best with Ninja Trader.

Thanks,
    Ben

:?

imported post

Years ago I had computer meltdown due to what I was later to find out from the service guys, a virus. I had Norton on it but apparently it didn't pick up enough.

The service guys said with virus problems, they always uninstall Norton and McCaffee, then clean the systems with Grisoft's AVG. When I asked what was so good about it, they said firstly it picks up viruses that other programs miss, and secondly, its free.

So I have been using it for several years now, and have had no problems. It sits in the background and doesn't interfere with any of my trading programs at all (NT5, Gannalyst Pro, IB TWS, Comsec Java charts, .

I don't know how good Norton or McCaffee or the others are now, surely they have improved, but from my experience, I see no point in paying for AV licenses whenyou can get decent AV software free off the net.

cheers,
    Antraman.

Comment

imported post

Thanks, Antraman

I'll give it a try

Ben

Comment

imported post

no worries Ben. The free version might be a tad hard to find so here's the link http://www.free.grisoft.com/doc/1 its version 7.5 now.

cheers,

Comment

imported post

Thanks again,
          Ben

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes