Connection to Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to Interactive Brokers

I can only connect to Interactive brokers TWS Simulation only about 1 out of 4 times on average. During the connection process I get 2 or 3 login windows which appear to be from IB, with a blank username and 1 character in the password field. I always just kill that those windows without input. Most of the time, after about 3+ minutes I get a 'Login Failed. Timeout waiting on IB' message. Seems that the moon has to be right for a successful login.

In NT Tools->Account Connections I have: User/password: blank, host: 127.0.0.1, Port 7496, Client ID: 0, I've also tried other unused client id's. In IB I have 'Enable Socket clients' set, Trusted IP 127.0.0.1, Port 7496. I've written several C++ API programs that I run every day, and they connect to TWS in 25 milliseconds flat. What's wrong with my NT configuration?
    Last edited by monpere; 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM.

Connecting

Hello,

You will need to enter your username and password, so that NinjaTrader can make a connection with IB. Please ensure that you have followed the instructions in the link below, and you should be able to connect successfully.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PhillT
    by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes