Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Daily charts not updating (but tick and minute charts are okay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily charts not updating (but tick and minute charts are okay)

Ninjas,
    I'm not able to get my daily FX charts to update. However, all of my other charts are working properly. For instance, my tick and minute FX charts update properly as do all of my futures and equities charts. The FX data provider is Gain Capital. I use IQFeed for the rest of my data feeds.

I apologize for this but someone from NinjaTrader had suggested that I do something with the database but I can't find the post or any e-mail regarding the details. This was about 3-4 weeks ago.

I understand that Gain doesn't provide historical daily data but when running live I should get a new daily bar at the end of each day. This isn't happening.

-Lou

Originally posted by bluelou View Post
    Ninjas,
    I'm not able to get my daily FX charts to update. However, all of my other charts are working properly. For instance, my tick and minute FX charts update properly as do all of my futures and equities charts. The FX data provider is Gain Capital. I use IQFeed for the rest of my data feeds.

I apologize for this but someone from NinjaTrader had suggested that I do something with the database but I can't find the post or any e-mail regarding the details. This was about 3-4 weeks ago.

I understand that Gain doesn't provide historical daily data but when running live I should get a new daily bar at the end of each day. This isn't happening.

-Lou
    Hello Lou,

Thank you for your post.

When creating a chart please use a 1440 minute chart to simulate daily bars since.

Also please be sure you have your account setup to use NinjaTrader servers for Historical Data.

This can be enabled by going to your Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections-->Select your Gain Connection-->Change-->Next-->Enable Use NinjaTrader servers-->Next-->Next-->Finish

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,
      1) I'm already using the Ninja servers.

2) Also, I don't think I want to use a 1440 minute chart b/c I use this same info in a strategy. I use 20 days of historical daily bars in the strategy and I have memory problems with Ninja as it is. I don't think 20*1440 data points is going to help the memory issue.

3) I've found a short-term fix to the problem but I want to make sure that the fix doesn't cause any other problems.

To get the FX daily charts to updated I mapped the FX symbols to both Gain and to IQFeed. I don't subscribe to IQFee'ds FX data but for some reason this is now populating my daily charts. I guess this is good enough for now as long as it doesn't cause any other problems.

4) Specifically, I want to make sure that my FX tick charts are Gain data only. If each FX symbol is mapped to both Gain and IQFeed how do I know that it is always the case that my tick charts will be Gain data ONLY?

Here's the order I'm logging in:
      a.) Login to Gain
      b.) Login to IQFeed
      c.) Login to TT

Even though I don't subscribe to IQFeed's FX data I appear to be able to get their daily FX charts. How am I able to get this data w/o it also corrupting the Gain data? Or, is it the case that since the Gain daily data is not updating that somehow IQFeed data is filling the void.? BTW, in Acct Connections I did not specify a backup provider to Gain.

Please explain what's going on.

-Lou

Comment

Originally posted by bluelou View Post
        Christopher,
        1) I'm already using the Ninja servers.

2) Also, I don't think I want to use a 1440 minute chart b/c I use this same info in a strategy. I use 20 days of historical daily bars in the strategy and I have memory problems with Ninja as it is. I don't think 20*1440 data points is going to help the memory issue.

3) I've found a short-term fix to the problem but I want to make sure that the fix doesn't cause any other problems.

To get the FX daily charts to updated I mapped the FX symbols to both Gain and to IQFeed. I don't subscribe to IQFee'ds FX data but for some reason this is now populating my daily charts. I guess this is good enough for now as long as it doesn't cause any other problems.

4) Specifically, I want to make sure that my FX tick charts are Gain data only. If each FX symbol is mapped to both Gain and IQFeed how do I know that it is always the case that my tick charts will be Gain data ONLY?

Here's the order I'm logging in:
        a.) Login to Gain
        b.) Login to IQFeed
        c.) Login to TT

Even though I don't subscribe to IQFeed's FX data I appear to be able to get their daily FX charts. How am I able to get this data w/o it also corrupting the Gain data? Or, is it the case that since the Gain daily data is not updating that somehow IQFeed data is filling the void.? BTW, in Acct Connections I did not specify a backup provider to Gain.

Please explain what's going on.

-Lou
        Hello Lou,

Thank you for your reply.

Since you are connecting to GAIN first it will retrieve data from that provider first and for other historical data not available with GAIN in this case historical daily data will be received from your second connection IQFeed.

I have provided a link to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections and how data is requested.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,
          I guess this is close enough for now. I'm still concerned that the Gain daily data isn't populating the chart and that I'm somehow getting the IQFeed FX daily data feed even though I'm not subscribed to it. But, let's see if this works for now in real-time trading. I have a hunch that I'll only get the IQFeed data if I manually refresh each chart since I'm not a subscriber.

Thanks,
          Lou

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM