Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error : A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Harry,

There are some items with secondary series that are being corrected with the next iteration of NinjaTrader 8.

In testing that this behavior has been corrected in the current internal build, I was not able to reproduce the behavior with the public release 8.0.8.0.

I've made a quick video and I'm attaching my test script. Am I taking the steps to reproduce the behavior correctly?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I'm testing using the CL 11-17 which will be rolling over in the next few days.

Is this only reproducible with the ZB 12-17?
    (I can set my clock date back and retest if needed)
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have tried to reproduce the behavior today and I could not reproduce. NinjaTrader now behaves in a different way compared to August 24.

On August 27 I had opened a chart with the contract ZB 12-17 prior to rollover. The chart was displayed as expected.

Then I had added the indicator to the chart and in the upper left corner it was clearly shown that the indicator was not applied to the contract ZB 12-17 but it was instead applied to front month contract 09-17 (see red arrow on the chart).

Today, when I add an indicator to a chart that uses a future contract month, the indicator is applied to that same contract month. For example, when I apply the same indicator to a chart for ZB 03-18, the indicator is applied to that same contract month ZB 03-18, and not to the current front month contract ZB 12-17.

Today I am unable to produce a scenario where the indicator is applied to the front month contract instead of the selected contract.

Comment

The question here is why would an indicator be applied to ZB 09-17, when it is added to a minute chart for ZB 12-17?

See first chart post #29.

At the bottom of the screenshot you will notice that the chart is ZB 12-17. The red arrow in the upper left corner shows that the indicator is being applied to ZB 09-17.

Why is this?
        Last edited by Harry; 09-12-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Hello Harry,

I would not be able to answer this until I am able to reproduce the behavior.

I've set my PC clock back to 8/27 and tested the behavior with the ZB 12-17 but I was not able to reproduce.

Please let me know if you have a set of reproducible steps.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have done exactly the same thing, but could not reproduce today.

The issue was 100% reproducible when I had posted the chart.

And the chart shows the problem as the indicator was consistently applied to a different contract month when compared to the chart bars.

But today I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post frankthearm