Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinkorswim and connecting multiple accounts

Hi there...just spoke with tos...

The way the api works with tos they said they can not associate multiple different accounts with one login username. i asked them if we can login to NT more than one time so that all the accounts could be traded at the same time through NT. They said it is fine with them and there is nothing they are doing to not allow it or anything...they said it would be NT who would be in control of that...

So, my question is...how can I log into NT so that I can have access to my multiple accounts with tos at the same time (for example, i have a personal account, a IRA, and a business account)...would like to see all 3 trade account upon logging in and be able to trade them all.

Greg

Originally posted by birdog View Post

The way the api works with tos they said they can not associate multiple different accounts with one login username. i asked them if we can login to NT more than one time so that all the accounts could be traded at the same time through NT. They said it is fine with them and there is nothing they are doing to not allow it or anything...they said it would be NT who would be in control of that...

So, my question is...how can I log into NT so that I can have access to my multiple accounts with tos at the same time (for example, i have a personal account, a IRA, and a business account)...would like to see all 3 trade account upon logging in and be able to trade them all.

Greg
    TOS? TOS is not a data vendor for NT, as far as I know.

Comment

Hey Koganame:

Yea they actually do...but the feed is called in NT "TD Ameritrade" because TD Ameritrade purchased TOS (thinkorswim) a while back...

So, TOS trades through that...

Greg

Comment

Hey Koganame:

Yea they actually do...but the feed is called in NT "TD Ameritrade" because TD Ameritrade purchased TOS (thinkorswim) a while back...

So, TOS trades through that...

Greg
        As far as I know, they are still different feeds. There are a few threads about it. The one you probably really want to read is:

Especially read the post about losing access to TOS features if you change your account status.

Here are 2 other threads:

Comment

Kog:

I will look at the threads...but I have a live account with TOS now and am able to connect and see my live balances in NT through the TD Ameritrade feed right now though.

Additionally, I chatted direct with a Tech Support through the TOS platform (thinkTDA) about it too and they were speaking about what could and could not be traded through Ninjatrader etc and the use of their API etc etc etc with NT...so, not sure about those threads but I will look anyway...smile...

Anyhow, with TOS or other brokers in general, do you know of a workaround to be able to see and trade multiple accounts with different logins though with NT?

All I had to do with Mirus was request they do a link for Zen Fire and they did it for me so I could see and trade 2 accounts with one login...but, TOS says they can not do that with their API setup but that NT may be able to or there may be a workaround or something?

Greg

Comment

did you try setting up a broker profile for each one separately ?

I gave up trying to set up TD ameritrade through NT. I couldnt get the futures data through TD ameritrade, which is what I need.

TD had one obstacle after another.

I have connected to kinetic and cqg at the same time with different accounts. Perhaps if you set up separate broker profiles for each account, you could connect to them all.

shane

Comment

Yea...I am just using TOS for stocks only...they will not allow futures or forex yet...

I use other brokers for futures, forex, and options etc...

Shane...well kick me in the rear...it worked (just added another profile)...usually like with Zen Fire, CQG, and other brokers it would not allow concurrent logins so I basically did not even try because I figured it was just a NT thing...

So, that is a lesson...if it "seems" obvious it may not work then try it cause it likely may very well do the trick...heheheh!!!

Greg

Comment

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the TD Ameritrade API which is available to NinjaTrader cannot interface with TDA's futures feed at this time. More information about the different types of data each provider offers can be found at this link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TD Ameritrade (thinkorswim) and MB Trading 64 bit logins

Now...if NT would just support 64 bit logins that would be great...

Anyone at NT support...do you think we could allow 64 bit with both TD Ameritrade and MB Trading with the next NT 7 update maybe (I think you have had a good amount of request for it)...certainly with the new NT 8 when it is release I hope but NT 7 update would be a welcome relief too!

Would like to login with Zen Fire / CQG with TD Ameritrade and MB Trading as well all on one 64 bit login?

Right now, one has to switch back and forth etc and it is a real pain and not running 64 bit just makes me feel like I am not running optimal...

Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

I will certainly forward the suggestion on to our development staff for further consideration. Thank you for your feedback!
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Greg
                      I'm kind of confused.

Do you have a TOS account or TDA account? Can you trade futures in TOS? Before they called then green and orange accounts. Once you went futures, you couldn't convert back to TDA, etc. but I think they have eased up on this recently.

Previously, at TDA's website, I have linked my TDA IRA and TDA Personal, and I can see each Account's balance in NT's control center under my personal account login in NT.

Then in the NT's chart trader Account list, I see each account id. I've never tried to trade a TDA account on NT.

Koganam is right, they are separate feeds, but TDA is working to allow futures on TDA feed, and I suspect it is in BETA still. I don't think there were going to allow trades yet anytime soon in TDA. I'll have to check up on what they are up to.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yea...right now (as far as TOS/TDA is concerned) I only am interested in stocks with that particular feed...futures would be neat to see. I just have a TDA account but it was my old TOS accounts from before they bought out TOS...So, for all intents and purposes I guess everyone is starting to call them TDA now...but I still think of them as TOS because I was will them so long...guess they are slowly rebranding it etc...Yea, I see both account in NT now...smile....2 separate logins...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jclose
                        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                        10 responses
                        0 likes