• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion!
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1 on this topic - I use OANDA for Forex and it is so much more flexible than the standard Forex Dealers (like Forex.com/FXCM/etc etc).

Comment

I agree. OANDA is prob one of the better forex brokers out there. Would really like to see this partnership with NT.

Having OANDA and NT would be a dream come true for me.

Comment

API fee comment

The API fee goes down based on trade volume.

" The monthly fee is USD $600, discounted by USD $50 for every USD $1M in monthly volume of currency traded from the account.

Note that customers with accounts exceeding USD $12M in volume in a month are entitled to free usage of the API for the next month.
          "

So, for every 10 round turn lots traded, it goes down $50.

If you traded 6 round turn lots in each trading day(20 days/month), from my understanding, the fee would be completely waived, since you'd be over $12m in volume.

Comment

Oanda and NinjaTrader

Hi Guys,

Just so you are aware, eSignal supports Oanda and I use it live and it works fine. On top of that there is no $600 fee for API access as eSignal must have done a deal with Oanda, so that's brilliant.

Having said that, the actual price feed you base your transactions on does NOT come from Oanda, but it really doesn't need to as Oanda's prices are pretty well spot on compared with using GT. With eSignal EFS you can also check the spreads at Oanda to take that into consideration when buying/selling.

So having said that, if eSignal can do it, surely NinjaTrader can do it. I'm amazed they haven't, I would happily move to NinjaTrader over eSignal because I believe it to be a faster platform for my trading automation (eSignal is better for things like scanning forex or stocks for custom signals).

So NinjaTrader, get your act together and get support for Oanda, they are the biggest Forex broker and you guys NEED to support them to continue to increase your market share in Forex Automation software.

I reckon you guys need a rocket based on previous responses on the issue which have been pretty poor!!

- Will

Comment

Here's another request for integration with Oanda.

Can anyone from Support please confirm whether there is any news or progress on this?

Comment

Hello,

What I can say, is that we are always working on maximizing your connectivity options. This includes discussions with other vendors. At this time we do not support this provider.
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
                  Hello,

What I can say, is that we are always working on maximizing your connectivity options. This includes discussions with other vendors. At this time we do not support this provider.
                  Hello Ben,

do you have List which brokers offers accounts where we can use the NinjaTrader? Example: I know that you have a bridge to the TWS from IB but is it also possible to trade forex with IB and the ninja trader?

A short overview would be helpfull.

Thank you in advance.

quantus75

Comment

Hi,

You can review the list of supported brokers.

The list of supported brokers is based on which data providers are supported, and the types of data supported.
                    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oanda Plugin

Hi,

If I have access to the API from Oanda, and would like to connect it to NT.
                      What will I have to do? Do I have to make have a programmer to make a plugin?

I hope that anyone can answer the question.

-PipFellas-

Comment

Hi PipFellas,

Thank you for your post.

If the API from Oanda is one of our supported data providers then you can create an account connection. You can see the list of supported providers at the link below.

If, however, the API is not one of our supported data providers then you can still connect using the External Data Feed. In this case you would have to create your own connection. Please refer to the following link.
                        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                          Hi PipFellas,

Thank you for your post.

If the API from Oanda is one of our supported data providers then you can create an account connection. You can see the list of supported providers at the link below.

If, however, the API is not one of our supported data providers then you can still connect using the External Data Feed. In this case you would have to create your own connection. Please refer to the following link.
                          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...FeedConnection
                          THANKS, Will I will look into this.

Comment

Trade forex using Interactive Brokers

Originally posted by quantus75 View Post
                            I know that you have a bridge to the TWS from IB but is it also possible to trade forex with IB and the ninja trader?

quantus75
                            Not only possible, but the IB / NT combination works very well for me.

Regards.

dwt

Comment

Hi,

I was always very sceptical about Forex trading because I'm a future trader for many years.
                              But since I tried it (with IB) I have to say it's really a great market! Now it's a part of my daily trading.

I now have opend a account at oanda to see their prices and spreads and I agree
                              it's a great forex broker.

So if the 600$/month for their API is a problem for Ninja (really ?) why not
                              say : Everybody who wants to trade with Oanda through Ninja has to pay let's say 50$ per month directly to Ninja ? This is a cost efficent and fair solution for everybody.

It would be great to have Oanda on your supported broker list!

Comment

I also endorse of adding Oanda support.

It's a GREAT broker with GREAT support and GREAT prices but with an AWFUL proprietary platform.

I'd give my left nut to see Oanda Forex with range bars and proper analysis tools.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                                31 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick