Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Frustrated with TDA Strategy Desk - Can their formulas be converted to Ninja Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated with TDA Strategy Desk - Can their formulas be converted to Ninja Script

Hello,
    I have been writing auto trade strategies and backtesting using TDA's Strategy Desk for several months. I recently began live saved orders, their form of paper trading with autotrade formulas. I could not get live saved orders to agree with my backtesting. The formula that I want to use was very simple:

MovingAverage[MA,Close,5,0,10] > MovingAverage[MA,Close,5,0,10,1]

5=MA bar length, 10=MA bar interval of 10 minutes per bar. When true "buy". The reverse for "sell". When backtested in 10 min intervals it is not very productive, when backtested in 1 min intervals it is very very effective. In real time trading the 10 minute interval restricts the formula to 6 entry/exits per hour, because TDA functions best on data at the close of the bar. It cannot deal effectively with tick data. This is not effective for active trading because if the 10 minute delay. I would like to be able to enter/exit at trend reversals.
    I would like to know if this idea would be effective when set up properly in Ninja script or if this is just bogus backtest data. I am not looking for advice on how to fix TDA's quirks, I am planning on moving away from TDA to Ninja Trader or Trade Station and would like to know how difficult or easy it would be to effectively autotrade with a setup based on the above moving average possibly combined with other confirming signals.
    Thank you,
    John

Hello,

If I understand you, yes, you can do what you are attempting to do in NT. Download our software (for free) and you will see the SampleMACrossOver strategy. This strategy does what you want. Feel free to modify it.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses