Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7.1000.1 and NT7.1000.3 compiler difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7.1000.1 and NT7.1000.3 compiler difference

Hi All,

I am having issues compiling the same Indicator on NT7.1000.1 and NT7.1000.3. When I compile on NT7.1000.1 there are no problems however on NT7.1000.3 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine it does not recognise the "double Indicator.RoundPrice(double price)" method and produces a CS0103 compile error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Cahill

Hi Paul, is this only giving you an issue on the 64 bit machine? Are you sure the needed method is present on this install then?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Paul, is this only giving you an issue on the 64 bit machine? Are you sure the needed method is present on this install then?
      I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine with NT 7.1000.3 installed and an old xP box with NT7.1000.1 on it. I have had an issue with uninstalling and re-installing NT7.1000.3 on my old faithful xP machine and don't want to mess with it for the moment.

Can I run the 32 bit version on the Windows 7 64 bit machine and test it to answer this question for you?

I know when I compile it on the xP machine there is no problem with this method!

Regards,

Paul Cahill

Comment

Thanks for the reply Paul, got your files from the other report as well and will look into shortly - yes please give it a try on the NT7 32 bit.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Paul, got your files from the other report as well and will look into shortly - yes please give it a try on the NT7 32 bit.
          Hi Bertrand,

I started NT 7.1000.3 in 32 bit mode and it also had the same missing method so I needed to comment it out.

As it turns out it is an important method that we use for all sorts of things.

Regards,

Paul Cahill

Comment

Paul, where is that method then stemming from exactly? It's not a default NT nor .NET method as far as I know.

Comment

Paul, where is that method then stemming from exactly? It's not a default NT nor .NET method as far as I know.
              If you type it inside an indicator method you'll see the intellisense signature as:

double Indicator.RoundPrice(double price)

Comment

No, I do not see it here...this must be a custom method from a helper class you use - wouldn't the Round2TickSize supported NS method work for you here as replacement?

Comment

No, I do not see it here...this must be a custom method from a helper class you use - wouldn't the Round2TickSize supported NS method work for you here as replacement?

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...trument_ro.htm
                  I'll look through some old code it may be in there and I'll give your Round2TickSize a go. Many thanks.

Comment

I think your problem lies in using the word "Indicator" as part of that statement. Unless you have an indicator called "Indicator". Indicator.RoundPrice(double price) does not make sense symantically. It is saying that Indicator.RoundPrice(double price) is a method of the indicator called Indicator. You may want to try coding that as simply RoundPrice(double price), which of course only works if you have an indicator called RoundPrice, or else have the method exposed as public in some class in the global namespace. From the error message, I am suspecting that you do have an indicator called RoundPrice. You may want to check to be sure that you do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Perr0Grande