Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need help with indicator (willing to pay :) )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with indicator (willing to pay :) )

Hello,

I am not a programmer and have tried without success to code an audible and email alert for the standard NT 6.5 Parabolic SAR indicator. I need to know when it changes from top to bottom.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I have given up doing this myself. And as I mentioned, I'm more than happy to pay a reasonable fee

Thanks!

ParSar Cross Indicator

I put this together for you in a few minutes. It should work but I haven't tested it. I am not positive I got the email part right but I think that if you have your email set up right in Ninja 6 it should send you an email to that address. It also should Beep on the cross below/down and I think make a door bell sound on the cross up. Absolutely free. Like I said it only took a few minutes and I have been given tons of indicators for free from this site so it is the least I can do. I hope it works. Let me know how it goes.

Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to cre8it8 for lending a helping hand (code)!
      TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow, thank sooo much Robert ! What a great Christmas present for me

I'm just trying it out right now and will let you know soon .... just one quick question, will it signal when the indicator crosses top to bottom AND bottom to top? (this is what I was hoping for but, I know I didn't say that initially

Thanks again so much!!!

Comment

Hi again,

Thanks again for your help on this but, it does not seem to be working, unless I am doing something wrong, I am getting random beeps and door bells that just keep going on and on. I tried closing all chart except one, to keep it simple but, still having the problem.

And I'm not receiving any emails but, I haven't confirmed if my email is set up properly yet.

Again, I'm not hoping for free work so, I totally don't mind paying

Originally posted by cre8it8 View Post
          I put this together for you in a few minutes. It should work but I haven't tested it. I am not positive I got the email part right but I think that if you have your email set up right in Ninja 6 it should send you an email to that address. It also should Beep on the cross below/down and I think make a door bell sound on the cross up. Absolutely free. Like I said it only took a few minutes and I have been given tons of indicators for free from this site so it is the least I can do. I hope it works. Let me know how it goes.

Robert

Comment

Oops, I'm actually wrong, this indicator is working great! I'm sorry, the reason that I thought it was not working is that I had my SAR indicator set to calculate at bar close to FALSE and this was making ding like crazy.

I still don't have the email working but, I'm sure that is some setting on my side that is not right, I will look into that.

Thanks again Robert !!!

Comment

You are welcome! It signals both up and down.

This might help on the send email. Go into tools and select edit indicator and then select the indicator and it should open with the code. Scroll down and find the code at line 46 and 53 that looks like this:
              SendMail("", "Ninja Trader", "ParSar Cross Below", "");
              and change it to look like this:
              SendMail("[email protected]", "your email [email protected]", "ParSar Cross Below", "More text here if you want");

The code formula goes: SendMail("From", "To", "Subject", "Text");

It may be easier to just copy the code from this reply and paste it on the line over the old code. Notice that it says "ParSar Cross Below" on one and "ParSar Cross Above" on the other so if you want to keep that for the subject line make sure your new code says that but you can make it say whatever you want.

Make sure when you are done you hit the Compile button at the top next to the binoculars or it won't work.

Tips
              1. If mails are not sent, check the Control Center Log tab for any error information. You can also try changing the SMTP outgoing mail server to use your own ISP's mail server. You can set this information via the Control Center window Tools > Options > Misc.

Hope all this helps. The Tip part above is from Ninja's Help Center. It has been a while sense I made something email me. Make sure you have the indicator set to calculate on barclose True or you will get hundreds of emails sent to you, one on every beep. That can be a real nightmare deleting all of those.

This is as much help as I can be so if you are having any more problems hopefully someone else can help you out.

Comment

Also, if you want me to fix it you can send me the email address you want to use thru the private email option on this forum and I can edit the indicator and repost it here for you to download again.

Comment

Just changed it and tested and it works great!!! Thanks again so much, I owe you one

~Tammy

Comment

I NEED HELP bad!! Am trying to put a strategy together using standard indcators(ma cross/over
                    proift tragets, and stop loss, I am willing to pay!! I know a liitle about programing, But the NT7 is setup, I can never get them all to work, HELP!! I want to start form scratch and have someone try..
                    Its all there indcators,,, but they want work in the same strategy.. please help...
                    Thanks,
                    ZAC

Comment

ParSarCross

Hi, can ParSarCross be made to work with NT7 ?

Thanks

Comment

PTE97, The one cre8it8 posted in # 2 imports fine in NT7. When you are prompted to overwrite existing system scripts (those starting with @), answer NO.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM.
                        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Answered Yes by accident.

I just imported the SAR Cross alert into my NT7 and when prompted answered Yes instead of the advised No.
                          What should I expect to go wrong? How would I go about reversing this or future mistakes similar to this? Thanks.

Comment

Hi. I am guessing that it said something like the PARSAR already in NT7 is a newer version than the one in the indicator you are trying to load. So when you said Yes you basically replaced the newer version of PARSAR with an older version. You would need to ask Support how you can change it back. I have ideas but I wouldn't want to be responsible for screwing up your system. Better to ask the experts.

Comment

Blackbull,

That's just a best practice tip, to prevent overwriting system indicators with older versions. If your NinjaScript compiles successfully then everything should be fine.
                              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              20 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes