NT charts won't update on one pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT charts won't update on one pc

I have NT on thre pc's but I only use on at a time. My desktop, my personal laptop, and my work laptop. I logged on to NT on laptop and realized that I don't have it set it with my indicators abd chart templates on that pc. I pulled up a few charts and they were fine.

I then logged off and signed in with my desktop which I know is setup with my indicators & chart templates and the charts will not update? No matter what they are only shwoing data up to 6/1. I checked the format data series and it is set to todays date, I'm using multi-broker, latest 6.0.1000.2 version, with trading technologies broker connection and no other data feed

Please see here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ghlight=update

Comment

I tried that and my charts were set to update as of today already. But I disconnected and reconnected and they did started updating

Comment

It seems every day I am having to connect /disconnect and reconnect to get the data to update in my charts

Comment

This is not expected behaviour.

You state "seems", can you confirm that this happens each time on a daily basis? Are you getting data in any order entry window such as the SuperDOM at the same time when your charts are NOT updating?
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It only happens on my desktop, my laptop is fine when I log on there. It has happened the last two days straight when I log on in the evening. I have not been logging in during the day.

Comment

The next time you experience this -

- If the chart is not updating
              - Open up a SuperDOM and select the same instrument as you have on the chart, is the last trade (yellow middle cell) updating and moving?
              - Open a Time & Sales window, are there trade events coming in?
              - Since this is at night, most if not all markets are very illiquid and do not move much at all, its possible that you will not see trades go off for quite some time

Comment

my fault ...I didn't explain clearly. The charts are not downloading the prior data. The live feed is working in both superdom and the charts but the historical data is not being downloaded correctly for the past day or so since I last logged in. Its not being downloaded at all actually until I disconnect and reconnect

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. Do you have a multi-broker license by chance?

Comment

Yes I do, like I said it works fine if I log on with my laptop but for some reason it is not working correctly on my desktop. I only log in using one PC at a time of course.

Comment

Upon connecting, NT makes a separate connection to the historical data server. If unable to make a connection, it will be in the log tab, you will see this.

If its unable to make the connection its likely co-incidental. Could be many factors why its unable to connect. Unfortunately, disconnect, reconnect is the only course of action at this time.

Comment

This is the error message and this time disconnecting and reconnecting does not help. Should I be able to ping that ip address?

I only subscribed to the multi broker version for this feature. I don't use multiple brokers. If it doesn't work then it is of no value to me and I would like to downgrade my subscription back to single broker edition

6/12/2007 23:19 Default Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Comment

For some reason you are unable to connect to it consistently. Referencing my prior post, there are many variables that could influence your ability to connect that are not in our control. I am happy to downgrade you, please send an email to sales at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view