When trying to view indicators can't view pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When trying to view indicators can't view pictures

When trying to view pictures of indicators in the forum, I sometimes get an error message. See attachment.
    The message (from Windows?) says it "cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

Does anyone know where this message comes from and what causes it?

regards,
    taddypole...
    Attached Files

Hello Taddypole,

I am not sure what is causing this error. Do you notice any consistency?

Can you please provide me a link to the forum thread that contains the picture which results in this error.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is not specific to a certain picture. I was trying to view the new NT 8 indicators and it happens to all pictures. I think it has to do with my Web browser but have never been sure what is causing it.

Over the weeks and months it will come and go. But what is strange is I only notice in the NT forum. Not anywhere else on my computer when doing other tasks.

regards,
      taddypole...

Comment

I suggest to delete your browser cache if not already. You can find instructions at the link below.
        Easily clear the cache on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, & iPad While your browser cache usually helps websites load faster, it can sometimes prevent you from seeing the most up-to-date version of a webpage. In some cases, an old or...

If you use a different browser, do you experience the issue?

Comment

I deleted the cache in Firefox but no joy. I have tried Windows Explorer and I basically get the same results except I just get a small "X" in the corner where the picture would be displayed.

Comment

I experience the same on my end with Chrome. Unfortunately this is a known issue. Please see the forum thread below.

Comment

I also have the same problem,no pictures displayed, tried three different browsers.

On a different website forum that had the same issue, apparently there is a 'nosniff parameter' that was enabled. When it is enabled, pictures are not drawn. The website administrator disabled the nosniff parameter and everyone got their pictures back.
              From a white paper named The Conundrum of Declarative Security HTTP Response Headers: Lessons Learned (https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/...apers/Sood.pdf),

'The nosniff parameter stops the rendering of image as a MIME object and transforms it into plain text format to avoid the execution of scripts.'

Comment

same problem for at least the last three weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Ricam View Post
                  same problem for at least the last three weeks
                  So you can't even see the images when clicking on them?

I can see them in chrome when I click on them.

Comment

Same problem here - I haven't had to visit the indicators for some time but a link on one of my posted indicators needed to be updated which I have done but the image has now disappeared and despite uploading another it still doesn't display, neither do images from other posted indys - don't see why I should have to view in a different browser to my default (Firefox) in this day and age, so not even going there. Microsoft learnt that lesson with IE8!!
                    PS Never noticed this problem when I was more active here and images display fine on BMT and every other site so it's not a browser setting as far as I can tell.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post junkone
                    by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    12 responses
                    0 likes