Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawFibonocciCircle Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawFibonocciCircle Issue

I am trying to draw a Fibonacci circle using startTime not startBarsAgo. i can't get it to compile. I get a no overload for method. If I take out the autoscale it still won't compile. The autoscale doesn't show in intellisense when I mouse over the DrawFibonacciCircle.

I even get a compile error if I try to use the example given in the Help:

// Draws a fibonnaci circle
    DrawFibonacciCircle("tag1", true, 10, Low[10], 0, High[0]);

but if I take out the auto-scale("true") it compiles fine.

I can make it work by using bars and not time so I am not stuck but was curious what I am doing wrong with the time overload. I am running build 30.

Here is the exact source code I am trying to compile:
    DrawFibonacciCircle("C1_" + DrawName , false, Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint2x , Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibSpanMinutes).AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint1x);

any comment?
    Last edited by ct; 11-24-2015, 09:10 AM.

Hello ct,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It looks like I am able to reproduce this on my end. The overloads provided do not function. The three overloads should be:

Code:
    // first overload
    DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, bool autoScale, bool divideTimePrice, DateTime startTime, double startY, DateTime endTime, double endY);

// second overload
    DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, bool autoScale, bool divideTimePrice, int startBarsAgo, double startY, int endBarsAgo, double endY);

// third overload
    DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, int startBarsAgo, double startY, int endBarsAgo, double endY);
    I have reported this to product management.

Thank you for reporting this!
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ZacharyG

Can you keep me posted on what the estimated fix time might be? I wanted to know if I should wait or just use a work around.

Cheers

Comment

Hello ct,

You would be able to call DrawFibonacciCircle() with one of the overloads I have mentioned in my previous post.

Unfortunately, I do not yet have a definition for the divideTimePrice boolean as of yet, but will provide it in this thread once I receive information.

Since you are wanting to use DateTime, you'll want to use the first overload:

Code:
        DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, bool autoScale, bool divideTimePrice, DateTime startTime, double startY, DateTime endTime, double endY);
        It looks like the code you have provided does not have all of the arguments in that particular overload. I have highlighted the missing argument in red.

Code:
        DrawFibonacciCircle("C1_" + DrawName, false, [COLOR="Red"][b]bool divideTimePrice[/b][/COLOR], Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint2x, Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibSpanMinutes).AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint1x);

Comment

ZacharyG

Houston we have a problem. I can draw the fib circle fine but can't turn on/off auto-scale so my price action ends up crunched very small to fit the entire fib on the viewable area of the chart.. I can draw it by hand and it works fine but not via my indicator.

You already gave me the answer I was just too stupid to see it. The double bool (bool, bool) fixed it.

I'm good for now.
          Last edited by ct; 11-25-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Hello ct,

What is the auto scale argument for your method call set to? Setting this to false should prevent this behavior from occurring.

Can you provide a sample script that can duplicate this behavior?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses