NT 7 Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 Features

I have just finished reading the new feature set for NT 7. Congratulations to the team, it looks outstanding.
    Could someone clarify...if my data provider, say zen fire, does not provide a 64 bit api, does that mean I cannot use the 64 bit version of NT7?

Hi,

As far as I know all datafeed providers we currently support will also be supported in V7.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand that they will be supported, but my question is, if they do not provide a 64 bit api, but only a 32 bit api, will I be forced to use the 32 bit version of NT7?

Comment

Yes, you needed to run 32bit NT7 as you wanted to connect to ZenFire.

Comment

Hello,

I have read the N7 features for Ninjascript Strategies Enhancements:

New Unmanaged Order Submission
          In 6.5 some users were burdened with our "Internal Order Handling" rules. We have introduced unmanaged order submission which bypasses the convenience of our order handling layer. This lower level of programming allows you to do what you want relative to order submission/management without any limitations other than any imposed by your broker. There are only three methods, SubmitOrder(), ChangeOrder() and CancelOrder(). You then get the flexibility of managing your orders how you see fit and optionally handling rejections.

That means it will be possible to hedging (long & short on the same strategy) ?

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by cls71 View Post
            Hello,

I have read the N7 features for Ninjascript Strategies Enhancements:

New Unmanaged Order Submission
            In 6.5 some users were burdened with our "Internal Order Handling" rules. We have introduced unmanaged order submission which bypasses the convenience of our order handling layer. This lower level of programming allows you to do what you want relative to order submission/management without any limitations other than any imposed by your broker. There are only three methods, SubmitOrder(), ChangeOrder() and CancelOrder(). You then get the flexibility of managing your orders how you see fit and optionally handling rejections.

That means it will be possible to hedging (long & short on the same strategy) ?

Thanks very much
            To clarify, the strategy will hold one position object per market traded which will be the net position of the strategy. With the unmanaged approach, you are not tied to our internal order handling/position handling logic thus, you can track your own net positions if need be and just issue whatever orders you want.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ray

Will you be able to have chart-trader and Ninjascript active at the same time?
              For that matter .. will you be able to modify orders, such as stop-losses manually on a NinjaScript strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by zoltran View Post
                Hi ray

Will you be able to have chart-trader and Ninjascript active at the same time?
                For that matter .. will you be able to modify orders, such as stop-losses manually on a NinjaScript strategy?
                Not at this time.

Comment

Drag-n-Drop feature

I guess it will be very convenient
                  1. if NT7 would support drag-n-drop of a script file to start the import process.
                  2. Another one could be more of a challenge, to allow an indicator of different time-frames in one chart, i.e. for an hourly chart, one can add an hourly indicator and/or the same indicator, but specify it is daily or other time-frames.
                  3. Allow one indicator be scaled relatively to another one if both are put in one panel but with different scales.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by wuolong; 06-28-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Line type request

When you edit an indicator you have several line types to choose from .
                    Line , dot , hash , bar ..... etc .
                    I'd like one more option . Some softwares call it "Last " If you were plotting
                    pivots ,it would plot the current levels only and they would extend all the
                    way to the right and left edges of the chart . I know this can be programed
                    into a custom indicator , but it would be nice to have it as an available option
                    to choose from when editing any indicator . thx

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                      When you edit an indicator you have several line types to choose from .
                      Line , dot , hash , bar ..... etc .
                      I'd like one more option . Some softwares call it "Last " If you were plotting
                      pivots ,it would plot the current levels only and they would extend all the
                      way to the right and left edges of the chart . I know this can be programed
                      into a custom indicator , but it would be nice to have it as an available option
                      to choose from when editing any indicator . thx
                      We have implemented new indiactor plot styles including HLine which plots a horizontal line for the right most visual bar on a chart which is somewhat what you are looking for, provided that the current bar is the right most visial bar, you will get what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                        We have implemented new indiactor plot styles including HLine which plots a horizontal line for the right most visual bar on a chart which is somewhat what you are looking for, provided that the current bar is the right most visial bar, you will get what you want.
                        That will be helpful . Thanks again .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post alifarahani  
                        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes