• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connected but no data :-(

Hi,

I have installed NT 6.5.1000.4 and MBT Navigator 11. .... .1

I´m using the MBT Demo account.

When I open NT I get a "Connected - MB Trading" in the lower left corner and the MBT Navigator opens.

MBT Navigator gets data, but NT does not.

I´ve been reading the support forum and guides but could not solve the problem yet. All I want is a nice chart in NT, with real data, which goes a few weeks back so that I can put my indicators on there and try out the NT software with demo trading.

May the pips be with you!

CE

Hello,

Unfortunately MBTrading has just upgraded their Navigator software which is not compatible with the current version of NinjaTrader. The last version of Navigator is now unuseable because MBTrading is having all of their customers upgrade to the most recent version. We are coming out with a new version of NinjaTrader that will be compatible with MBT at the lastest early next week.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks... it works ...... but...

Thanks Michael

I have installed the newest versions of MBT and NJ and now I´m getting a data feed.

But....

There´s no lookback period.... e.g. I can´t put on a, say, 100 EMA because there are not enough bars that the chart looks back..... strange...

How do I solve this problem?

CE

Comment

Unfortunately, MBTrading does not support historical data with NinjaTrader as you can see in at the link below.

You can save all incoming real-time bar data in your charts by enabling "Store real-time bar data" under Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. NinjaTrader will save all incoming real-time data, which will be displayed as historical data in future session.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! .... so how di I do it now?

Thanks for the quick reply!

So how do I proceed if all I want to do is to actually try out the NT charts with a few indicators???

I trade Forex.... which broker can I chose to open a demo account with that allows me to test NT?

Thanks!

Comment

You can connect to Gain Capital/FOREX.com with the instructions in the link below, and test NinjaTrader using the Sim101 account in NinjaTrader. This will not require you to open any accounts, and will not require you to pay any fees.

As for the historical data Gain automatically gives you 24 hrs of data at a time and NinjaTrader will store this each time you log-in.

For more data you would want to look at DTNIQ, BarChart, or Esignal.
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jessica!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM