DOM dialog box is annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM dialog box is annoying

When I go to enter a stop order on the DOM and price moves beyond my price point so fast that I click to enter the stop after price has went by, the DOM gives me an error dialog box. This is very disruptive because by the time I can click on the dialog box to get rid of it, it's too late for me to enter a trade.

I would like to suggest having some kind of status window for displaying an error message so that I don't have to click on anything. See if my stop doesn't work then I'd like to enter a limit order to catch a pullback. if the dom window would just flash and show a text message then I could just ignore it, place my limit order and then look at the error later.

In general, modal dialogs are used throughout ninjatrader. They should not be used. Modal dialogs should only be used for really serious critical messages. They should especially not be used when a trader is actively trading.

Hello cunparis,

I will forward your suggestion to disable modal dialogs and your workaround to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

second that. have any of your design team done any live trading with thier money with NT. if so they should hire someone who does it so that UI designed is modelled towards traders

Comment

Originally posted by junkone View Post
        second that. have any of your design team done any live trading with thier money with NT. if so they should hire someone who does it so that UI designed is modelled towards traders
        I've made this observation many times. NT is so cool but at the same time so frustrating that I don't see how any of the designers could possibly use it for real trading.

If ever there was a need for an agile software development process this is it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB