Tradestation SMTP E-mail Interface Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradestation SMTP E-mail Interface Not Working

For some reason, today Tradestation's STMP e-mail interface is giving me errors. I have NOT updated to the warned new .NET 3.5 service pack 1.

I get an "error connecting to Server socket" error when trying to send a test e-mail via Tradestation.

I know there have been many windows updates coming through in the last few days, but I had everything working fine last week and I haven't updated Tradestation or NT since the problem started.

Anyone got any idea what's going on? Unfortunately I missed some GREAT trades today, thanks to Tradestation.

Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please go over the steps in the link provided below one more time and see if you didn't miss anything. Usually this message comes up when something is not set up correctly.

And the steps here:

Let me know if this corrects your issue. Something was probably reset when you updated.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Guessing ... NT is running as you test the interface no? Then the only option left is some firewall sw or port blocker or such installed with latest windows update.

Comment

Thanks for your quick replies.

Yes NT was running when i tested the test e-mail.

I fixed the problem by closing and re-opening NT. My trader friend says maybe the "SMTP server died" whatever that means.

Maybe the SMTP connection was lost / died because it had been idly sitting there since 1am PST last night? I sometimes log TS in after midnight here, and connect NT at the same time. It wasn't until about 9 hours later that the first e-mail was sent for an order (around 10:30am PST) so maybe having it connected with nothing happening on the SMTP server makes it die?

Should I wait till the morning to connect NT? I'm not sure why it would just die like that....

Comment

Sorry no idea. Note: SMTP connection are not steady but are established as a mail is sent and close after. So...there is no such thing as a "connection lost" on SMTP protocol. May be some TS hick up...

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't open TS until far far after midnight PST, like maybe not until morning. I don't know. Probably was something to do with TS because their software is WAY WAY WAY more buggy and screwed up than your stable NT platform.

Anyway, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Traderontheroad  
            Started by firefoxforum12, Today, 08:53 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes