Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trendline alerts with offset

Hello.

I'm trying to place an alert on a trendline I've drawn using a Ray, but I would like a little advance warning as the price approaches the trendline.

I right click the trendline I've drawn to come up with the alerts menu.

Setting the conditions under Data Series, I put General: 0 bars, price type bid/ask instead of close.

Setting the properties, I want to use the offset so that the alert sounds when the price approaches 4 ticks of the trendline drawn.

However, when I click Offset type, it does not give me a +/- offset. it just has offset.

If the alert is set to execute on as price is going up (cross above alert) will the offset trigger 4 ticks below the trendline, and vice versa, if price is going down (cross below alert) will the offset trigger 4 ticks above the trendline?

I could not get this to work today and your help guide is not that detailed on this subject.

Thanks

There is something to note here specific to offsetting and drawing tools:

"Note: Offsetting a condition CANNOT be applied directly to Drawing Tools. Should you wish to be alerted once a value is within N-value of the drawing tool, apply the offset calculation to the data series or indicator condition."
    This means if you want to be alerted before the price reaches the line as you said, you need to apply the +/- offset to the Data Series instead.

The next beta release will have the "Offset" option removed from the Alerts window for Drawing Objects since it cannot be applied. However even in the current release, you should be able to achieve your goal by applying the offset to the data series side of the condition.

edit: Also, if you wish to run offset from Offset Type "ticks", you can specify a negative value should you want it to be -4 ticks.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 11-06-2015, 06:06 PM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
    19 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Radano
    by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
    0 responses