Can I import NT7 workspaces to NT 8 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I import NT7 workspaces to NT 8 ?

I just wanted to know if version 8 has the ability to import workspaces from NT version 7..]

Thank You.

Hello denalek2419,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

Unfortunately workspaces will not be migrated over from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

You can find a list of all items that will and will not migrate in our migration guide here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrader-8-MigrationGuide

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Install them both and practice with NT8 while you make the transition

Originally posted by denalek2419 View Post
      I just wanted to know if version 8 has the ability to import workspaces from NT version 7..]

Thank You.
      Ninjatrader 8 is awesome, you'll love it.
      I finally made the final transition myself.

To start with, let me recommend starting from scratch rather than trying to 'pull any workspaces over from NT7... the reason why will become very obvious very quickly, and it's a wonderful reason.

I highly recommend you have both installed and continue to trade with NT7, which what is already familiar to you... you don't need to further complicate your trading by trying to relearn everything all at once with cash in play.

After you're done trading the normal time you trade on NT7, spend an hour or so getting acquainted with the very new layout of NT8... much of it will look familiar but there is a ton of new stuff (like chart tabs if you trade multiple instruments.)

NT8 has onboard indigenous alerts which really are spectacular, but you could find them overwhelming at first. Because auditory alerts are such a huge thing to the successful trader, it is important that you get to know this new tool backward and forward... take your time and be patient.

I'd recommend SIM trading on NT8 once you think you have your first acceptable iteration of your workspaces in place... make sure you're 100% before you begin putting cash on the line.

Remember you already have that oh so comfortable environment of NT7 right there where it's always been; And.. I'd recommend keeping it there even well after you are using NT8 full time, with your transition complete... One reason? to drive home how much more spectacular NT8 is.... "You can never go back" Isn't that what they say?

Cheers
      Tripp
      Last edited by BarefootHank; 09-17-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you both for the reply. Hank, I will definitely take all that in consideration.

Comment

[QUOTE=BarefootHank;519941]One reason? to drive home how much more spectacular NT8 is.... "You can never go back" Isn't that what they say?

/QUOTE]

Or you can never leave in the first place.... I'm stuck in LIVE NT7 ... TDA in NT8 is not reliable for anyone seriously using it.

Comment

[QUOTE=sledge;519950]
            Originally posted by BarefootHank View Post
            One reason? to drive home how much more spectacular NT8 is.... "You can never go back" Isn't that what they say?

/QUOTE]

Or you can never leave in the first place.... I'm stuck in LIVE NT7 ... TDA in NT8 is not reliable for anyone seriously using it.
            Hi Sledge,

That's TDA (as in Ameritrade?)... I was curious about them... they told me that you can only trade FOREX and not futures through Ninja, is that true?... also, I found, for futures anyway, that their roundturn commissions were prohibitive (obviously for currency that wouldn't apply)...

So, TDA doesn't work with 8? wow... I didn't even think about that... I'm with IB right now.. their downfall is gargantuan margin requirements, but the API connection is quick.

What else can you tell me about TDA as it relates to Ninja?

Thanks in adv.

Comment

Hello BarefootHank,

All brokerage related questions (ex: questions regarding commissions, what kind of account can I open) should be addressed to our brokerage support team. You can find the contact information for all of our teams including the brokerage support team on our website here:
              http://ninjatrader.com/ContactUs

TDAmeritrade is compatible with NinjaTrader 8 - you can test the connection for yourself by creating an account connection following the steps in this connection guide:
              http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
              Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              12 responses