Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

2 basic indicators i use on tradestation, can pay for working translate to NINJA8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 basic indicators i use on tradestation, can pay for working translate to NINJA8

Hi guys,
    I use the two basic indicators on all my charts.
    I use a PAINT BAR study based on RSI above or below 50 as OS/OB with variable length...Ive found 5 to be the equivalent of an 8 period ema. although a standard EMA paint bar would do just fine.(it paints intra bar which is nice to see, although I trade only
    on the closes)

The second indicator is simply and EMA based Keltner channel, that is shaded(cloud)
    instead of just lines at the ATR's. (the shading reduces the clutter, so I dont have lines
    everywhere).

I have the 2 indicators on JPEG's in tradestation EZ language and they look relatively
    simple for someone with some background in coding.
    I've attached the EZ language scripts for both indicators. If someone can make
    these babies work in NINJA 8, I can fairly compensate for your time and effort. THANK YOU!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	RSIpaintBAR.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	908509Click image for larger version

Name:	EMA-keltner-SHADED-channel.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	908510

Here's how they look on my charts...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...
    Have the RSI painting the bars and the SHADED EMA based keltner channel here.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello TAYLZ,

Thank you for your interest in NInjaTrader and for your support forum post!

Please contact the NinjaTrader Ecosystem directly for more information NinjaScript Consultant services.

To do so, please send an email to info @ NinjaTraderEcosystem dot com and reference this support forum post.
      Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello TAYLZ,
        This is trickier than you think; depending on how it's implemented. Will have a look.

Comment

Can do.

Hi TAYLZ,
          I have already coded a couple of indicators that paint bars according to conditions. I could easily adapt one to suit your needs. With user selectable parameters for bar colours and ema period etc. Let me know if interested, I can have it done within days.
          The other one shading the Keltners, I will leave for someone else, as I haven't done anything similar, although I would think it not too difficult, I just don't have the time right now to look at it.
          Cheers,
          Ken.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
          0 responses