Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Available Funds for Trading (IB Gateway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Available Funds for Trading (IB Gateway)

I would like to avoid following situation when strategy is opening new position with Interactive Brokers via IB Gateway:

"Order rejected - reason:Your order is not accepted because your Equity with Loan Value of [x.xx USD] is insufficient to cover the Initial Margin requirement of [y.yy USD]"

Interactive Brokers have account value called "Available Funds for Trading".

This value is different from buying power, cash value, account equity and so on. This is the actual value by IB showing how much equity you currently have for opening new position.

How can I get this value (Available Funds) with NinjaTrader 8 while using Interactive Brokers Gateway.

If I am mistaken above please let me know how to check properly the available funds for opening new position. Thanks.

Hello Jones,

This account item may not be available from the account information in NinjaTrader.

Below is a publicly available link to the help guide on AccountItem that lists the account items that are available from an account.

Would you like to submit a feature request for the NinjaTrader Development to consider adding an AccountItem.AvailableFundsForTrading property?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for updates.

Please submit a feature request for this.

Comment

Hello Jones,

I've received a tracking ID for you request.

For future reference, your request for an AvailableFundsForTrading AccountItem is being tracked with ID #SFT-2698.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

We appreciate your suggestion. Please let me know of any other requests you have for the NinjaTrader Platform.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
          I would like to avoid following situation when strategy is opening new position with Interactive Brokers via IB Gateway:

"Order rejected - reason:Your order is not accepted because your Equity with Business Loan Value of [x.xx USD] is insufficient to cover the Initial Margin requirement of [y.yy USD]"

Interactive Brokers have account value called "Available Funds for Trading".

This value is different from buying power, cash value, account equity and so on. This is the actual value by IB showing how much equity you currently have for opening new position.

How can I get this value (Available Funds) with NinjaTrader 8 while using Interactive Brokers Gateway.

If I am mistaken above please let me know how to check properly the available funds for opening new position. Thanks.
          You are right. This is the actual value showing the total equity for opening new position and is not buying power, cash value, and account equity. Buying power is the money an investor has available to buy securities and equals the total cash held in the brokerage account plus all available margin. The cash value of an insurance contract, also called the cash surrender value or surrender value, is the cash amount offered to the policy owner by the issuing life carrier upon cancellation of the contract. This term is normally used with a life insurance or life annuity contract. Therefore none of this have any relation wit it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post martin70