Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to add column in Market Analyzer

Hi,
    I have indicator that plots pivots, pivot1 and pivot2 upto 8 pivot. I like to create new column in Market Analizer and show the pivot1 or Pivot2 ...etc... in that column related to that instrument. Can it be done... what is the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance
    Bill

Hi billsingh,

It is possible to accomplish what you are looking for in the Market Analyzer, as long as your indicator plots the pivot points that you would like to display. To set up your Market Analyzer to display the pivots:

- Right-click in the Market Analyzer, then click "Columns"
    - Double click "Indicators" in the top left pane to add an indicator in a new column
    - Select the entry that has just been added in the bottom left pane
    - In the right pane, under the "Indicator" heading, change the value in the "Indicator" field to your custom pivot indicator
    - In the same section, set the value in the "Plot" field to the pivot that you wish to display in the column

The column that you added in the Market Analyzer should display the price value of the pivot point that you chose. If you would like to set conditional cell formatting (such as coloring the cell green for pivot highs and red for pivot lows), you can do so using the "Cell Conditions" field under the heading "Special."

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DaveI View Post
      Hi billsingh,

It is possible to accomplish what you are looking for in the Market Analyzer, as long as your indicator plots the pivot points that you would like to display. To set up your Market Analyzer to display the pivots:

- Right-click in the Market Analyzer, then click "Columns"
      - Double click "Indicators" in the top left pane to add an indicator in a new column
      - Select the entry that has just been added in the bottom left pane
      - In the right pane, under the "Indicator" heading, change the value in the "Indicator" field to your custom pivot indicator
      - In the same section, set the value in the "Plot" field to the pivot that you wish to display in the column

The column that you added in the Market Analyzer should display the price value of the pivot point that you chose. If you would like to set conditional cell formatting (such as coloring the cell green for pivot highs and red for pivot lows), you can do so using the "Cell Conditions" field under the heading "Special."

Hi Dave,
      Here is the indicator that I am talking about. It has 10 lines (MPs). I want to display the MP1 if the price is above MP1 and diplay MP2 if the price is below MP1 but above MP2...??
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi billsingh,

I see what you mean. However, this will not be possible in the Market Analyzer. You can set a column to display a specific plot of a specific indicator, but you will not be able to set a condition that displays different plots based on a set of criteria.

Comment

Hi billsingh,

I see what you mean. However, this will not be possible in the Market Analyzer. You can set a column to display a specific plot of a specific indicator, but you will not be able to set a condition that displays different plots based on a set of criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DaveI View Post
            Hi billsingh,

Hi Davel,
            is it possible to call me so we can talk...I will send the email with my info.

Comment

You bet -- please send an email to platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com, and write "Attn: Dave." Please include a phone number where you can be reached, and a time window that will work for you. Please include a link to this forum post, as well: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=395281
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 12-18-2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Dave,

was there a solution to that?

I would need exactly the same:
                I have a costum indicator (something like pivot points).
                In the market analyser, would it be possible to monitor whether last price is below, above or between pivot points for a set of instruments?

Comment

Hello,

This will not be possible in NinjaTrader 7, but it should be perfectly doable in NinjaTrader 8 with custom programming. In NinjaTrader 8, we directly support the creation of custom Market Analyzer columns which could accomplish this. That being said, conditionally displaying different indicator plots in a column would still not be an out-of-the-box feature -- it would require custom NinjaScript development.

Comment

Hi Dave,

what I am looking for is like the "IF function" in Excel in combination with conditional formatting.

The costum indicator displays two lines as plot values.

If last price is > line 1 => BUY Signal with green formatting
                    if last price is between line 1 and 2 => neutral with yellow or grey formating
                    if last price is below line 2 => SELL signal with red formatting of the cell

This I would like to monitor for 10 futures contracts over 3 different time frames

Will that be possible in NT8?

Comment

That particular feature will not be included in NinjaTrader 8 at launch, and we do not have an item like this on the agenda at this time. While we have added a very large number of enhancements and new features, one of our primary focuses was expanding the possibilities for custom NinjaScript development to augment the standard features of the platform. So what you are describing should be completely possible with custom development, but is not a standard feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                      Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes