Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Deleting a master instrument would delete all instruments in the instrument list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a master instrument would delete all instruments in the instrument list.

When I delete the master instrument NG from the "Available Marster Instruments" list by clicking the "Delete" button on the right side of the window (not the one below the default instrument list), all existing instruments in the current instrument list get removed. So obviously this is a bug in the action associated with the "Delete" button.

- Clearpicks

This is expected behavior. There can't be any instrument without a master instrument.

Comment

Deleting "ES" in master instrument list would also delete everything such as "YM M8", "6E M8", etc. This is not correct. It should only delete "ES M8", "ES U8", etc.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      This is expected behavior. There can't be any instrument without a master instrument.

Comment

... which it does (just verified).

Please provide exact steps in case you can reproduce this behavior.

Comment

1. Delete every instrument in instrument list (in the left side of the window)
          2. close NT and save everything
          3. Open NT
          4. Connect to IB
          5. Edit instrument list by adding a few instruments to the existing empty default instrument list, don't click the "OK" button
          6. Select any master instrument, click the "Delete" button below the master instrument list
          7. all just added instruments in the default instrument list would disappear (this is wrong)

Comment

This is a limitation since deleting a master instrument reloads all instrument list and you have not yet saved your instrument list (changes). Thanks for making us aware of that, we'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Tab Parameters for Currency Symbols

Hello.

Needs some help with the tab parameters under 'Instrument Lists' in the Instrument Manager. I would like to add some currency symbols under the instrument manager. But I don't have any examples on my default instrument list.

Can you direct me to, or supply me with the proper values for some currencies, like (AUDCAD, EURGBP, USDJPY, etc.) ?

Regards,
              R. C.

Comment

Not need to enter/add any values.

Just scroll down until you see AUDCAD. Then select it and press the button with the left arrow and the AUDCAD will be added to your default instrument list.

Comment

No currencies listed in my Instrument Manager

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have any currency definitions under my instrument manager. The only definitions listed, under my 'default' list is for some futures. Not sure why there isn't any currency definitions. I didn't delete them.

But to redefine them, I need the tab parameter values for the currencies. Is there an automated way to do this ? Can I install a file that you can send me ? If not, I need the tab parameter values for the currencies.

Regards,
                  R. C.

Comment

No need to manually redefine. Please do this:
                    - make sure you have 6.5.1000.2 installed
                    - restart NT and don't connect to any provider
                    - Tools->Options->Misc->Reset instruments
                    - Tools->Instrument manager: AUDCAD will be there

Comment

Thanks and one more question

That worked great. I have my currency definitions back. One more question. I have a file of historical data for the AUDCAD.csv. The first line of the file is as follows :

19910102;0.8958;0.8996;0.8947;0.895

When I try to import, I get the following error message.

$AUDCAD: Unexpected number of fields in line '1'. should be 6 or 3.

From the help files, I see that the format for daily bars should be :

yyyyMMdd;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume

But Forex data doesn't have any volume data.

How do I get around this error message ? Do I have to add a zero at the end of each line ?

Regards,
                      R. C.

Comment

>> How do I get around this error message ? Do I have to add a zero at the end of each line ?
                        I recommend adding volume > 0, e.g. 1;

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                        2 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post BarzTrading  
                        Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes