Charting and Indicator Performance Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting and Indicator Performance Suggestions

1) Monitor real-estate is too valuable to waste.

Suggestion: When a chart has no Indicator labels, expand the chart to fill the lines at the top of the chart reserved for labeling.

2) DrawTextFixed() with TopRight and BottomRight work as expected. However, TopLeft and BottomLeft leave a large gap between the Left chart border and the start of drawn text. Not sure if this is by designed or a bug.

Suggestion: Provide a way or fix the bug to allow Left drawn text as close to the Left border as Right text currently is drawn to the Right border.

3) Currently a chart without plotted data, has the percent of panel height as the Y-axis values.

Suggestion: When a chart has no plotted data, do not show any Y-axis values.

4) Color adds so much to displayed information.

Suggestion: Allow a subset of HTML like tags in the DrawTextFixed() text to enhance the drawn text. Color tags, <b>, <i>, and <u> would be great. Changing Font and Size would also be useful.

CodeProject http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI/XHtmlDraw.aspx describes a project called XHtmlDraw which draws text with HTML tags and anchor links.

This is a good starting point for enhancing DrawTextFixed() or a new DrawHtmlFixed().

5) Many of my Indicators do not need Historical data, so I immediately return in OnBarUpdate() for Historical bars. The Indicator is being call unnecessarily for each Historical bar.

Suggestion: Create a new Indicator option CalculateOnlyOnLiveData. When set to true then OnBarUpdate() would not be called with any Historical data.

See my posts at http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=14041 for some examples of the above.
    Last edited by Jim W.; 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM. Reason: added XHtmlDraw information

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded your list of requests to development for future consideration.

Have a great day and happy trading!
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Addition to my suggestion 4:

4) Color adds so much to displayed information.

Suggestion: Allow a subset of HTML like tags in the DrawTextFixed() text to enhance the drawn text. Color tags, <b>, <i>, and <u> would be great. Changing Font and Size would also be useful.

CodeProject http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI/XHtmlDraw.aspx describes a project called XHtmlDraw which draws text with HTML tags and anchor links.

This is a good starting point for enhancing DrawTextFixed() or a new DrawHtmlFixed().
      Last edited by Jim W.; 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post i019945nj  
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TraderBCL