Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

External reference compiles but doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External reference compiles but doesn't work

I've used Sqlite in my custom indicator for almost ten years starting back in the NT7 days. I remember demoing the NT8 early betas and didn't have a problem referencing this external dll but now when I try to do it in the latest version (8.0.5.2), it doesn't work.

I used to modify the Config.xml file but that didn't work so I tried adding the reference by right-clicking in the ninjascript editor. The dll gets added without any errors and compilation also works as well. Once I open the indicator list on a chart, I see the "Could not load file or assembly" error in the console output.

I'm using the same dll that I've always used before. Any ideas on this? Am I adding the reference incorrectly?

Hello,
    Thank you for the note.
    Please first ensure that you copy the sqlite.dll into C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom.
    Your SQLite dll might be a 32 bit dll since you were using it with NinjaTrader 7. If you are running NinjaTrader 8 as a 64 bit application the dll will not load. Try to obtain the 64 bit version of the dll and see if that works.
    Note that the latest version on NinjaTrader is 8.0.6.1 and most importantly that Indicators developed for NinjaTrader 7 will not run on NinjaTrader 8 unless they are ported by the vendor or yourself.
    If we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I realized I posted this in the NT7 forum. I literally just reposted in NT8 a few minutes ago. I will reply there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TraderBCL  
      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post martin70