X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to export code

Dear sir,

When trying to export code i am getting the following error:
    "Error compiling export assembly: c:\Documents and Settings\asafs.HOMEPC-6DF59C4E\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\YoavBuildTrainedDataBase.cs (87,41) : error CS0103: The name 'YoavGetGraphData' does not exist in the current context"

the problem is that the function 'YoavGetGraphData' is located in 'UserDefinedMethods' file which I can't add manually because the file is not shown in the list.

any suggestions?

Assaf

asafs,

This is a current limitation. I will suggest adding it to the list to development.

The main issue is that people tend to each have different user defined methods so overwriting this file will possibly delete their own methods. I would suggest just navigating to Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / bin / custom / indicator and copying all the files necessary to use your indicator, then making some instructions on how to install it.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unable to export code

This is what I am doing now, copy the sources to the deployed server and recompile it on the deployed server.
      The problem is that I want to secure my code and I want to use .net dll or SecureTeam's CliSecure product. Is there a way for me to do so.

Assaf

Comment

Originally posted by asafs View Post
        Dear sir,

When trying to export code i am getting the following error:
        "Error compiling export assembly: c:\Documents and Settings\asafs.HOMEPC-6DF59C4E\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\YoavBuildTrainedDataBase.cs (87,41) : error CS0103: The name 'YoavGetGraphData' does not exist in the current context"

the problem is that the function 'YoavGetGraphData' is located in 'UserDefinedMethods' file which I can't add manually because the file is not shown in the list.

any suggestions?

Assaf
        What you want to do is to create your own partial class à la UserDefinedMethods.cs, containing your function code. That file will be available for selection when you do an export.

Here is how you go about it.
        1. Open UserDefinedMethods.cs in the NT editor.
        2. Right-click in the window and "Save As ..." a different file name.
        3. Delete your function code from the UserDefinedMethods,cs, as that code is now in your newly created file.
        4. Export your indicator.
        Last edited by koganam; 10-25-2012, 09:40 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling and grammar.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aa731
        by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes