Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Chart Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Chart Style

I would like to create a new custom chart style. How do I get started? Is there an API reference? I have been looking at RangeAltBarsType.cs. How was this created? Was it created using VS and then imported into NT? I don't know how to bring the file up in an editor in NT. I can't find anywhere in the software to create a custom chart style. (Tools --> Edit Ninja Script to modify the file. I know the feature is not supported, but any help on getting started would be great.

You will have to create it outside of NinjaTrader. VS would work. To import, follow the exact same file structure of the zip for the RangeAltBars.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Any API guide? The RangeAlt code shows a good example, but there are some functions like AddBar and UpdateBar that a reference would really help! I have used the .net NinjaTrader.Client.dll before to code and compile, but not really sure where to get started writing code that I won't compile but just import the script.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      You will have to create it outside of NinjaTrader. VS would work. To import, follow the exact same file structure of the zip for the RangeAltBars.

Comment

Unfortunately as mentioned, this is beyond the level of support we can offer. You could just as easily create this in notepad and put the file into a zip to import.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes