Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

You have custom ninja script files on your pc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Teancum,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please right click in your NinjaScript Editor --> select References --> Add --> navigate to the following directory on your PC: C:\Program FIles (x86 if 64 bit operating system)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\ --> select the NinjaTrader.Core.dll file --> Open. Repeat for the WilsonORMapper.dll file.

Once complete, right click and select Compile. Then attempt to import the file.

Comment

Attempt to "Add" *.dll files

Thank you for your instruction.

C:\Program FIles (x86 if 64 bit operating system)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\ content show no dll files.

I've attached a pics of the References dialog box, my bin folder, and custom folder contents.

You'll note that I am using indicators developed by MYF (http://1myf.com) a proprietary set of indicators.

Please advise further actions. Thank you for your support.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Teancum,

Thank you for your response.

That would be the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom folder. I refer to the C:\Program Files (x86) or Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin folder.

Comment

Corrected path, dll files found, error on compile

Thank you for catching my error;

32 bit > C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin

"open"ed NinjaTrader.Core.dll and WilsonORMapper.dll,

right-click > compile > error (see attached).

Will await further instructions. Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Teancum,

Thank you for your response.

Right click in your NinjaScript Editor --> select References --> remove only the references to the C;\Program Files (x86) assemblies --> then compile again.

Comment

Success! Thank you very much!

Comment

"Custom files errors"

Hello I have imported some indicators.

Now that I triy to import another I receive the same error but doesnt tell me which file (or indicator) is the one not working I havce almost 30 new indicators how can I find the wrong one?

Comment

Originally posted by zermeno98 View Post
                  Hello I have imported some indicators.

Now that I triy to import another I receive the same error but doesnt tell me which file (or indicator) is the one not working I havce almost 30 new indicators how can I find the wrong one?

Comment

Hello zermeno98,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                    • Open NinjaTrader
                    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
                    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.
                    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

This thread is a little old but i thought id reply on top of it instead of creating a new one.

I am having the same issues when i try to import a ninjascript, so i went to Tools --> edit ninja script --> indicators and double clicked in one of them, then right click --> compile and i get a whole host of errors in the lower window that appears. See attached screen shot. Any advice? Your help is greatly appreciated.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi vkuiz12, thanks for your post.

Those compile errors would indicate issues with some of the built-in indicators that come prepackaged with NinjaTrader. To resolve these, reinstall NinjaTrader, as this will restore the stock indicators to their default running state.

To do that, just download the NinjaTrader installer from here:

NinjaTrader Download

You'll need your license key in order to do so. You'll find your license key on the Control Center > Help > License key menu. When prompted by the installer, select 'Repair' and not 'Remove', then allow the process to finish. Afterwards, relaunch NinjaTrader and see if you experience the same compile errors. You won't lose any of your workspaces, settings, and so on by using this method.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I completed the repair process as stated and it yields the same result.

How can i completely uninstall NinjaTrader and do a clean install from scratch? I'm not worried about losing my workspaces or settings as i havent changed much yet.

Comment

Hello vkuiz12

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

In NinjaTrader go to Help > License Key and copy your license key.

Close all running applications.

Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.

Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.

Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

Reboot your machine.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                            Download
                            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Everything seems to be working just fine now, thanks for your help.

Comment

Please help !

Hello,

I am getting the error message of "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninjascript archive file." when I try to import indicator.

I used to have similar problem once a while and manage to resolve it base on the advice from the forum but this time, no matter when I do I still getting the same error. Even I deleted the indicators.

I look forward to any suggestion or help.

Thanks in advance.
                                Simjs
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM