Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to Set OCO Entry Orders With ATM Strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Set OCO Entry Orders With ATM Strategy?

I have set up a simple ATM which sets an initial stop and moves it to BE when 24 ticks have been accrued. I haven't been able to figure out how to use OCO entry orders in conjunction with my ATM. A fair number of times my signal will be either long at a certain number of ticks above the market or short if it moves a certain number of ticks below the market.

What I have tried to do is set a buy stop limit above the market and a sell stop limit order below the market but I get the following message "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of it's entry orders have been filled."

I'm sure there has to be a solution. Your help is appreciated.

Best Regards

Hello maxreturn,

Thank you for your post.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
    • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
    For a market fade approach just subsitute limit orders for stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

Click here complete schedule of our various free training sessions

Click here for more information on submitting orders in the SuperDOM

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello maxreturn,

Thank you for your post.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
      • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
      • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
      • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
      • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
      • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
      • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

For a market fade approach just subsitute limit orders for stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

Click here complete schedule of our various free training sessions

Click here for more information on submitting orders in the SuperDOM

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Hello Christopher. I don't use the DOM but rather prefer using Chart Trader. I followed the same steps as you described but when placing the 2nd order I get the error message I described earlier "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of it's entry orders has been filled."

Does this not work with Chart Trader?

Comment

Yes this procedure will work within Chart Trader as well however to enable and disable OCO you will need to left mouse click within the Chart Trader panel.

Prior to submitting your second order be sure to select an ATM Strategy again. If you do not select an ATM Strategy prior to submitting the second order NinjaTrader will generate the error message you are receiving.

Comment

Ok Chris. Got it. I thought all I had to do was click on the drop down arrow and select the active strategy again. I figured out I had to click on the "..." button and reselect the strategy. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
          Chuck

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out.

Have a great day and Happy Trading!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              Yes this procedure will work within Chart Trader as well however to enable and disable OCO you will need to left mouse click within the Chart Trader panel.

Prior to submitting your second order be sure to select an ATM Strategy again. If you do not select an ATM Strategy prior to submitting the second order NinjaTrader will generate the error message you are receiving.
              Hello Christopher,
              I was reading your instructions with a great interest since I was running into a very similar problem. I understand your replies but it seems the offered solution is kind of a "manual" entry that introduces extra time delay which could prevent timely order placement and execution. When one is trading off Renko charts using a method where all orders are OCO at the extremes of one bar, the difference of ticks between the buy stop and sell stop is a constant and always known ahead of time. Would it be then possible to create an ATM strategy which would with one click on the chart place an OCO order with both the buy stop and sell stop simultaneously. The "spread" between these two stops would need to be a variable determined by the user, similar to the manner a break even stop is determined by the user. On a smaller Renko chart (for instance 4 ticks) the setup bar can be completed in very short time and prices can take from there either direction very fast as well. It would be very useful to have "one" click OCO order placement from the Chart Trader. Thanks in advance for any suggestion or solution. Grany

Comment

Hello Grany,

Thank you for this suggestion.

While this type of setup is not something which can currently be achieved with a single click I will forward your suggestion on to our development staff for further consideration.

Thanks again for this feedback!
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You guys should add the fact that you must reselect the strategy for the 2nd order to the help section under the OCO section for submitting orders as I encountered this, read the help section and for the life of me couldn't figure out what was wrong. I suspect other users have also been encountering this problem as well.

Comment

If you would like to use the same strategy and do not want to select the strategy again please follow the steps to change your ATM Strategy selection mode.
                    • Right click in in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader
                      Properties
                    • ATM Strategy selection mode
                    • Choose KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission from the dropdown window
                    • Click Ok

I have included a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes.

Comment

Problem with multiple OCO orders for the same instrument from different strategies

I am trading multiple strategies for the same instrument with multiple OCO orders for stops and limit orders. My broker is Interactive Brokers (IB). Each OCO order has a long unique name associated with it but I guess it is not unique enough for IB in some situations. I suspect they do not read all of the characters in the name and so what happens is a stop or limit order will mistakenly be cancelled because the broker thinks they are in conflict. Is there a programming change I can make to fix this or a setting?

Alan Kline

Comment

Hello Alan,

There is not an option to change the code used with OCO within NinjaTrader. Can you please confirm prior to submitting each set of OCO Orders you disable and re-enable OCO.

Also when submiiting your orders do you see seperate OCO ID numbers being used for each set within the Order tab of the Control Center?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        167 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jeronymite  
                        Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes