buy/sell pressure indicator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy/sell pressure indicator...

buy/sell pressure indicator...could someone explain how this works with nInja?..what are the signals?

Looking into the code I believe it just accumulates he trade volume which went of below the big and above the the ask and builds a ratio by dividing through the sum of both.

Comment

Buy/Sell Pressure Question

Since it doesn't give a ratio, but shows a percentage of buying pressure in green and a percentage of selling pressure in red, it would appear it's giving the percentage of orders which are lifting the offer (the buy side) vs. selling the bid (the sell side). If so, then it would be a much better indicator of what's really going on than Time and Sales. Can someone please verify my observation or discount it with an explanation that makes better sense, because I've never looked at it previously, so don't have any history to go on? Right now it's pretty much a standoff between the bulls and bears on the 6E at 2:37 CST on 7/28, and the percentages are nearly the same, so would like to see what it tells me when the price is going over the cliff as it did at 3:00 am. If the red percentage was near 100% then, it might prove to be a very helpful indicator.

Comment

Hi JohnU,

Thanks for posting.

Your analysis of the indicators operation is correct - but whether this is a better indicator than time and sales I cannot say. We will leave this thread open for the comment of other users, however.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
          in regards to the buy sell pressure indicator. i have something similar on TOS that plots the difference once the specific time frame has ended. this one in NT8 once the specific time frame has ended it just plots the bar as 50/50. Is there anyway to have this plot the actual difference between the two once the specified time frame has ended? Just want to try and get this similar to the one i have in TOS. thank you

Comment

Hello agraham,

Thank you for your post.

The Buy Sell Pressure indicator plots the values as a percentage of the overall volume for each bar. While not exactly what you may be describing, the closest thing to what you are describing that I can think of is the Order Flow Cumulative Delta indicator. This is part of the Order Flow+ suite of features that are available with our Lifetime License. I've included some information about this indicator at the link below;

NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

Otherwise, you may be able to find something that suits your needs from a third party developer by doing a search on an online search engine.
            Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tsantospinto  
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes