Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visual Studio Recommended Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio Recommended Setup

I'm using NT8 and I'm looking for a guide to setup my development environment in visual studio. I had done some development a few years ago in NT7 and it was pretty difficult. I see now that there's an open in VS button and I did that. Can I actually debug with VS now? Are there any other tips tricks that you can share(links welcome)?

I see many errors and warnings... is this normal or do I need to do something to resolve them?

Errors:
    'Serialize' does not contain a definition for 'Brush2String'
    'Serialize' does not contain a definition for 'String2Brush'

Warnings:
    'FormattedText.FormattedText(string, CultureInfo, FlowDirection, Typeface, double, Brush)' is obsolete: 'Use the PixelsPerDip override'
    The type '<Name>' in '<Path>@<Name>.cs' conflicts with the imported type '<Name>' in 'NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=8.0.3.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Using the type defined in '<Path>@<Name>.cs'.

Comment

Visual Studio debugging

I think the ability to debug using Visual Studio is one of the most powerful capabilities of NinjaTrader.
      I think NT should put a video in the video library with all the details of developing/compiling/debugging inside Visual Studio platform. There is some instructions in the help file about debugging using VS, but a more comprehensive video would help the entire community. If there are some videos out there already, I would appreciate a link (I could not find).

Thanks.
      Last edited by ds1111; 01-30-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LorneCash View Post
        I see many errors and warnings... is this normal or do I need to do something to resolve them?

Errors:
        'Serialize' does not contain a definition for 'Brush2String'
        'Serialize' does not contain a definition for 'String2Brush'

Warnings:
        'FormattedText.FormattedText(string, CultureInfo, FlowDirection, Typeface, double, Brush)' is obsolete: 'Use the PixelsPerDip override'
        The type '<Name>' in '<Path>@<Name>.cs' conflicts with the imported type '<Name>' in 'NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=8.0.3.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Using the type defined in '<Path>@<Name>.cs'.
        We requested that all slang naming be removed from NinjaScript and it was. Those are now called BrushToString() and StringToBrush(). Everything else that was named using a "2" in the name has been renamed using "To".

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...392#post412392

Comment

Hello LorneCash, and thank you for your question. A while ago I prepared this video for a customer which many others have found useful, regarding visual studio debugging.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
          0 responses