Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error changing data series with indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error changing data series with indicator

"A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state."

I have custom indicators which work good. I get this error when changing the data series of a chart for an indicator which has two other indicators nested in it, ie used as its data series. My other indicators change with the chart data series fine., they are not nested with other indicators. I have to manually change its primary data series to the chart's data series. In fact, in the dialogue box, in the indicator, no primary "input" shows like the others, after changing the chart data series. The nested indicator do not appear on the chart.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

This error is fairly specific in the sense that one of the indicators being used is adding a series but the item calling that indicator is not also adding the same series. This would be difficult to say by your description which is the specific problem.

Could you provide the files you are working with for further clarification or more details on which specific items are causing a problem when you do a specific set of actions?

You can find a note on this error message in the help guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ed%2Bindicator
    In the section "Prevention of Redundant Data Loading".

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

im not adding any data series in onstatechange in any of my indicators. my work around is simply saving in separate templates with differing chart data series.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Perhaps I am not understanding the actions you are trying, the error is specifically because you are not adding series when you should be. Could you further explain what specifically you are doing to cause this error?

Could you provide a situation in which I could try on my end or provide more details on what specific actions you are completing that result in the error?

I look forward to being of furhter assistnace.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
        0 responses