Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

LineBreaks graphics not the same when relaunched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LineBreaks graphics not the same when relaunched

Hi NT support team

I am running a strategy on a LineBreak graphic and this runs in production. I have noticed that the same data with the same start date, every parameter the same, does give slightly different charts when relaunched.
    For example I use two moving averages which were crossing a lot, and I decided to create another graphic with exactly the same params and data, and the visualization was slightly different and I did not obtain as much moving average crossings as the first chart. This is very annoying as it means the charts are not in a stable state, and detecting signals with one charts, is not equivalenbt to detect them on another chart.
    Are you aware of this issue? Any parameter I miss that force charts to be exactly the same for the same asset and parameters when relaunched?

Thanks

Hello jakjak74,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

thanks
      I have version 7.0.1000.33
      I am connected to IB (trade with them) and also FXCM for data back up.
      No there is no error. As mentionned, I attach a strategy to a chart (LineBreaks, second). After a day or 2, when I do New chart (exactly the same asset, start date, etc..), the graphics do look different.
      You can see that visually directly.. Also adding 2 moving averages, I can see many crossings in the old one (they are noisier) whereas they are not in the new one.
      I wonder if the box creation with live data does not have an impact.
      I can send a picture if it helps

Comment

Hello jakjak74,

Thank you for your response.

With Interactive Brokers the real-time tick data is aggregated and the historical is not, so reloading historical data or opening a new chart to compare against one that has been open can show differences. However, these differences are generally not that drastic.

If you right click in both charts > select Reload All Historical Data, does the data then show the same?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ghoul
        by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        6 responses