Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 7 Crashes on me Every Time, after Installing Indicator

Hello,

I just purchased a Ninjatrader indicator from a trusted source who I have bought indicators from several times in the past.

But after I installed the new indicator and restarted Ninjatrader 7, Ninjatrader crashed on me.

Since then I have tried restarting my computer, adding the indicator to my anti-virus software exceptions, cleaning out my computer clutter, repairing my computer registry errors and so on, but nothing works.

Every time I try to launch Ninjatrader 7, after I installed this new indicator, Ninjatrader crashes on me.

Please advise,

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Can you please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,

I cannot access the Control Center from within Ninjatrader, because it crashes on me each time I try to access my charts or the Control Center or any part of Ninjatrader.

I did go into the documents folders on my computer to get the log and trace files although. I will email them to you.

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your response.

Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to your email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1550108' in the subject line.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.20160727.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.20160727.txt"

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the follow up.

The software developer worked with me last night to troubleshoot the problem. I was able to launch Ninjatrader after renaming my NinjaTrader 7 > workspaces folder and my templates > Chart folder

After that I was told to remove the indicator, then add it to a new blank chart. The indicator worked. So the problem was something conflicting with it on my original chart.

After that I created a new chart from scratch, on my original workspace and started by adding the problematic indicator. Then I added each other indicator that I had on the original problematic chart, one by one.

I was able to recreate the problematic chart with the new indicator on it and with my original indicators on it and with no problems.

There was only one indicator from my original chart that I did not add, as I no longer use it on that chart.

I traded with this workspace and chart this morning and there were no problems at all. So the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks again,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes